Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New GT500 release date confirmed by Ford.

maybe it's electric....

It's gonna have the 10spd auto, not sure how I feel about that yet. Wish it was still offered in a manual as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    It's gonna have the 10spd auto, not sure how I feel about that yet. Wish it was still offered in a manual as an option.
    I don’t think An auto only is a certainty...

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    maybe it's electric....
    It wouldn’t surprise me, they seem to be concerned about their own agenda more than what customers actually want. I could see it being a hybrid at least, that would explain the auto-only, as well as the huge, huge delay in bringing it to market.
    The thing I don’t understand is, why did they kill the old one after only two model years? They left the Ford faithful high and dry in the midst of the biggest horsepower war we have ever seen.

Mustang Occasionally
    How do we know it’s auto only?

We don’t yet, but a 7sp. stick has been rumoured, as well as the 10sp. auto, recently I’ve only heard about the auto, but they would be losing a lot of potential buyers if they kill the stick option. I hope it comes stick, and I hope it’s performance can make up for the horrible amount of development time this is taking, this thing should be able to run 9s, get 30mpg, and corner at 1g or better given the long wait.

Better save up $125,000.00 plus ADM
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

All I can say is that I want that red one in the display.

It's going to have to be one hell of a car to even come close to the hype. I'm sure it will be good but look at the GT350's record of engine failures and catching on fire. Plus the front end is hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me, they seem to be concerned about their own agenda more than what customers actually want. I could see it being a hybrid at least, that would explain the auto-only, as well as the huge, huge delay in bringing it to market.
    The thing I don’t understand is, why did they kill the old one after only two model years? They left the Ford faithful high and dry in the midst of the biggest horsepower war we have ever seen.
    I don't get the horsepower thing - In the old days if you had company like P.I. or B&W build your engine to say 400 hp it was considered a race engine and had no warrenty 700 hp is a lot of power to contain. Boost is cool but ever since the first turbo in 79 it has been issue's and that was just 130 hp give or take. I don't know much about the super chargers but it appears to similar issues (mainly oil from what I see). The 5.0's with just under 500 seems ideal to me and too much for most. Ford seams to jump in and out of racing, maybe its money, but at least they haven't totally dropped the a model year completely like some of their competitors....