Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  56
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I hate kijiji

I hate kijiji

Little rant. I am selling some mustang parts. Have 4 separate people saying they are coming to pick up parts this morning, so I reschedule my day to make sure I am around. NOT EVEN ONE showed up. This is after me confirming with each of them last night that they were still coming. Kijiji seriously needs a trader rating system to provide at least some sort of accountability

Its the people not kjiji. Had the same thing with Facebook. They say they will come and then nothing. I tell them to text or call me now, if they are coming on the scheduled day or time. That way I don't wait around for them and do what I have to do.
    GHIG

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Its the people not kjiji. Had the same thing with Facebook. They say they will come and then nothing. I tell them to text or call me now, if they are coming on the scheduled day or time. That way I don't wait around for them and do what I have to do.
    You’re right, however the same people buy and sell in other marketplaces where there are rules and trader feedback, and they have a lot more integrity in those situations because they know that if their rating is low no one will do business with them. I suppose the real issue is that a man/women’s word means nothing anymore.

I love kijjijij. It’s free, and I have sold/bought a ton of stuff.
    -Don____________

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

I hate kijiji

Quote Originally Posted by 1986stangfan View Post
    Little rant. I am selling some mustang parts. Have 4 separate people saying they are coming to pick up parts this morning, so I reschedule my day to make sure I am around. NOT EVEN ONE showed up. This is after me confirming with each of them last night that they were still coming. Kijiji seriously needs a trader rating system to provide at least some sort of accountability
    Sorry things turned out shitty- just bad round of buyers this time around. I’ve always had success selling on kijiji from rims, camera lens , even billiard cues. I schedule a Tim Horton’s meet one I’ll be around that day wait 20-30 mins max if they are late- otherwise I’m gone. You are the seller - let them rearrange their day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

they need a pay now option - then you know the buyer is serious...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I love kijjijij. It’s free, and I have sold/bought a ton of stuff.
    Same here. My system... I tell them what street I am on. I also tell the buyer's when I'll be home and to call or text before coming over so I can give them the street number.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Oddly enough I’m having the same problem with buying a set of wheels.

I never change my sched for kijiji people.. learned my lesson a long time ago.
    '88 LX

I love buying on kijiji because there are deals to be had and most people are willing to keep their word if it means they are getting handed money. I find selling on kijiji is either dealing with a bunch of no shows, or receiving ridiculous trade offers. “I see your asking price is $1900, will you take a used unicycle with one flat tire and 4 bald snow tires on trade?” Lol

I also like Kijiji because it's free but when I deal with a Kijiji buyer I either ask them to send me min. $20 e-transfer before we meet up or ask them to send a picture of the Canadian Tire near me where we will meet up and I won't leave the house till that picture is sent.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store