Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  56
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I hate kijiji

I never leave my number - email only - really eliminates bs

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I never leave my number - email only - really eliminates bs
    Does it though? I feel like you get a bunch of emails asking if it's still available. I rarely leave my number but when I do and actually get a phone call, it's usually a for sure sale.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Does it though? I feel like you get a bunch of emails asking if it's still available. I rarely leave my number but when I do and actually get a phone call, it's usually a for sure sale.
    always for me - the only time I got of bs mails was when I tried to unload a civic...go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I feel like you get a bunch of emails asking if it's still available.
    I see that as a simple hello. I simply reply with 3 letters. Takes all of 2 seconds. “Yes”.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I see that as a simple hello. I simply reply with 3 letters. Takes all of 2 seconds. “Yes”.
    I hear ya.. but I state "if ad is up it's available"

so just say hello dammit.
    '88 LX

I put that in my ads also, but people only look at the pictures.

The way I see it: people respond with "is it still available?" instead of "I'm interested" as a negotiation starter. "Still available?" gives up no leverage, whereas "i'm interested" might be perceived as losing bargaining power. It's all just Jedi mind tricks.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I put that in my ads also, but people only look at the pictures.

The way I see it: people respond with "is it still available?" instead of "I'm interested" as a negotiation starter. "Still available?" gives up no leverage, whereas "i'm interested" might be perceived as losing bargaining power. It's all just Jedi mind tricks.
    it's weird - I sold an '89 Camaro in August - not one response - four days before the ad expires a guy makes me a offer and I'm thinking ok you haven't even seen the car - so for fun I accept his offer. Four days later the add expires and I don't repost (that was my plan anyway). I send the guy an email saying if you don't see the ad anymore the car is still here - here's my info. He calls me and says he's coming on such and such date. He shows up, nice guy, we spent a few hours together. He leaves a 500 $ deposit and says he will be back in two weeks to pick it up. (long haul truck driver). The car is still sitting in my driveway and the High Commander is giving me grief 'cause between my son and I, it looks like a used car lot out there....lol can't argue with that. If he doesn't show soon I have a 5.3 I'm thinking of dropping in and keeping it....lol

I have always had good luck with Kijijji, and as of yesterday sold a set of mint rubber mats for my wifes old POS VW EOS.
    Never spoke with the buyer, never met him and only communicated by text. I left them on the front porch Friday for him to pick up (he said he was OPP out of Cambridge working shifts and they were a Xmas gift for his wife) he left the payment in the mail box.
    My wife was giving me the stink eye about this, but i figured if he needs a set of mats that bad, have at er.

I have had mixed experiences with Kijiji as well. The funniest one was when I was selling my silver performance pack wheels and this kid (I can only imagine it was a kid as to the lack of maturity in his comments) barking at me as I didn’t want to lower my price for my near new perfect condition rims and tires because he would have to get them stripped and repainted black to match his red car better!?!

I tried to explain to him that he should just buy another set of black ones from someone else and he just got angrier...lol

The other thing I find funny is when they ask you to hold something for them without a deposit...yeah I will hold it until it sells to the first person with cash. Lol
    FABMAN

Just sold my old PS3 on Kijiji and a door prize Bluetooth speaker with Alexa on letgo. Both gone within a day of listing with minimal frustration. I'm learning to just ignore the negotiators. Offer $20 less sure, I'll probably take it. Start going into long stories about other people's pricing and I just ignore you.