Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YRP to name those charged with Impaired.

Exclamation YRP to name those charged with Impaired.

York Regional Police announced today that they are going to begin publicly shaming impaired drivers. The move comes after 27 impaired driving charges were laid in the GTA's York Region this past weekend.

How about a public wall of shame for those convicted of impaired driving??? I'm all for doing what it takes to finally make peeps get the message but this up front punishment, to me, feels just like road side suspensions, guilty n punished before you've had a chance to defend yourself. Whats ridiculous about the entire situation, what to me seems like common sense, DON'T FAWKING DRINK AND DRIVE, eludes so freakin many.

I'm all for it, but who really looks at a list? Other than employers maybe? In which case, an employer may decide not to hire someone on the basis of the list? In which case it will likely come up on some charter of rights issue. If you've been convicted of impaired driving and served the sentence/penalty is that not sufficient? If it's not sufficient, maybe the sentence/penalty should be more severe? Public stoning might be a bit much.

Who I do agree a list should be made for are the habitual drunk drivers. Those that are beyond just a "little" intoxicated. Those that continue to drive impaired even after the wake-up call of a conviction. Those who the sentence and/or penalty do not work.

This guy vvv
    -Don____________

55 HD
    SIMPLE SOLUTION
    Make all new vehicle manufactures install a BLOW JOB system in the car for the driver to be tested before the car even starts. This device could be made law for all used vehicles by a certain date. Now if you get a passenger to blow so your car will start and you get caught it should be a life time license suspension. Get caught for the second time and it is minimum 5 years in jail.

Who now wants to take the risk. I'd rather know I was close to impaired and see a warning light on my dash indicating so. JMO

^ Stop it Larry, that makes too much sense.

Why should everyone be punished because of some losers.

Quote Originally Posted by 55 HD View Post
    SIMPLE SOLUTION
    Make all new vehicle manufactures install a BLOW JOB system in the car for the driver to be tested before the car even starts. This device could be made law for all used vehicles by a certain date. Now if you get a passenger to blow so your car will start and you get caught it should be a life time license suspension. Get caught for the second time and it is minimum 5 years in jail.

Who now wants to take the risk. I'd rather know I was close to impaired and see a warning light on my dash indicating so. JMO
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

55 HD
    Quote Originally Posted by R3troGT View Post
    Why should everyone be punished because of some losers.
    Well, I don't call it punishing others. I just say the vehicles should be smart enough to detect a possible impaired driver. Hell we now send people to Mars why can't this be done. Vehicles have all kind of safety equipment installed for people who can't make proper judgement. They even call it driver assist. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 55 HD View Post
    SIMPLE SOLUTION
    Make all new vehicle manufactures install a BLOW JOB system in the car for the driver
    I am all for this. As long as you can select which style of BLOW JOB system is installed. I'll take this one.

^ got mine on order as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    York Regional Police announced today that they are going to begin publicly shaming impaired drivers. The move comes after 27 impaired driving charges were laid in the GTA's York Region this past weekend.

How about a public wall of shame for those convicted of impaired driving??? I'm all for doing what it takes to finally make peeps get the message but this up front punishment, to me, feels just like road side suspensions, guilty n punished before you've had a chance to defend yourself. Whats ridiculous about the entire situation, what to me seems like common sense, DON'T FAWKING DRINK AND DRIVE, eludes so freakin many.

The Niagara Region Police already do this. There is a list every week in those folded pieces of newsprint that old people look at. I believe it’s called a newspaper.

I’m in agreement that it’s a good idea, but RedSN is right, who really ever looks at lists. Punishments should be stronger and enforcement need to be higher. Leave us car guys alone and go after the drunk drivers instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Mustang Occasionally
    I’m not a fan of publishing names of people charged with offences, unless it’s detrimental to an ongoing investigation looking for more possible victims.

If the person charged is found not guilty, do they print that to let everyone know? No, they don’t. Peoples lives, who may well be innocent of the charge, can be destroyed.

A charged person is found guilty...? Sure. Publish away.