Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cross boarder shopping

DinoZ
    I use KINEK located on 6th street in Niagara Falls NY. About 5 minutes from the rainbow bridge exit.

On average costs me $5.00 usd per parcel. Costs nothing to set up, you do it on line.

Ordered almost all I need for the mustang, my bikes heck even a kitchen sink once. Most US companies ship for free.

I declare all and pay my taxes like a good Canadian should. In many cases they waved me through without taxation, bonus.

I'm about to pull the trigger on some old school Ford Racing gauges.
    The seller is located in the US, and the parts are used.
    I will pay with PayPal.
    I want to sign up with Cross Border Pickups and pick it up in Mississauga.

Will this service still work for a private transaction?
    What duty and taxes do they put on used parts?
    The value is $200USD

Waiting for Canada Customs clearance on used Air Lift Performance front and rear kits. Using CBP but want to pick up at their Markham location. My oversize package was delivered to my CBP US address last Friday at 9:24 am. Because there were no customs papers they requested via email I complete an online declaration. Cost was simply HST on the US made product. I expect the CBP fee to be around $29 on the 50lbs oversize box. Hopefully I will hear back about pickup today or tomorrow.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Club Supporter
    Maybe a little slow right now due to US gov shutdown?

Did anyone else get a request from CBP for a signature and identification to authorize them to bring goods into the country for me.
    I dont like the acceptable ID items they list......drivers lic., passport, other items with photo.
    In todays world I am not prepared to hand this info over to them.
    They want copies of these items.

Quote Originally Posted by cudaboy View Post
    Did anyone else get a request from CBP for a signature and identification to authorize them to bring goods into the country for me.
    I dont like the acceptable ID items they list......drivers lic., passport, other items with photo.
    In todays world I am not prepared to hand this info over to them.
    They want copies of these items.
    I just bought some used gauges, and they were shipped last week. CBP sent an email with the subject "IMPORTANT! Your Consent is Required to Receive Mail in the U.S". This email had a link to a form 1583 that I needed to fill out. I called them asking for some help about filling it out, and they said to just fill it out when I picked up the package.

I then got another email from CBP stating that there wasn't an invoice in the box, so they wanted to know the value. They also had in their email that the parts were new, but they were actually used. I filled out the dollar amount on line in the link provided, but it wouldn't let me change from new to used, so I sent an email stating this. They responded back that they changed from new to used.

For some reason I don't know why, I logged onto my CBP account, and noticed that there was a package that was not approved to be shipped, so I clicked on approve.
    I thought this was weird because nowhere did they ever mention that I needed to login to approved any package.

Saturday I received another email advising the package was ready to be picked up at the Mississauga location, I went up there, and didn't have to fill out any form, or show any identification. I only provided my account number, paid the taxes and their fee, and left.

At times, I felt like the process wasn't clear on what I needed to do, and am fully expecting another email to fill out forms and provide ID.
    They just didn't seem very organized.

nothing beats CBP no similiar business out there....gas saver time saver tax saver!
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

Quote Originally Posted by trickflow-jay View Post
    nothing beats CBP no similiar business out there....gas saver time saver tax saver!
    Agreed
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by trickflow-jay View Post
    I'll agree with time and gas.
    How is it a tax saver?

Quote Originally Posted by RioCobra View Post
    I'll agree with time and gas.
    How is it a tax saver?
    most of the time there is no invoice...you declare the amount just dont be greedy about it hint wink nudge
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.