Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cross boarder shopping

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Is nexus only a one time payment? I see $139usd but is there a renewal fee or anything?
    $50 for 5 years.

I used CBI when I was building the 3V and it worked very well. Used Cross Border Pickups for one small package not too long ago and I must admit I am hooked on the convenience of local pickup.

I now want to get a front spoiler for the 18 (yes i now I was going to keep it slow on the mods but I am an out of control addict!) My problem with Cross Border Pickups is I can't figure out what the cost of them receiving the package would be. Don't seem to be able to maneuver around their website in an intelligent fashion. I do know that the US shipping quote to Canada for the spoiler and HST was $192 USD. CBP has got to be cheaper than that?

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I used CBI when I was building the 3V and it worked very well. Used Cross Border Pickups for one small package not too long ago and I must admit I am hooked on the convenience of local pickup.

I now want to get a front spoiler for the 18 (yes i now I was going to keep it slow on the mods but I am an out of control addict!) My problem with Cross Border Pickups is I can't figure out what the cost of them receiving the package would be. Don't seem to be able to maneuver around their website in an intelligent fashion. I do know that the US shipping quote to Canada for the spoiler and HST was $192 USD. CBP has got to be cheaper than that?
    When I ordered my brake swap off eBay shipping would’ve been $400-450usd. I used CBP and paid $150cad if I remember correctly. I’m sure if you called them they would give you a rough estimate.
    '88 LX

Got a new front prop shaft for my Polaris Rzr S through CBP...very painless and delivered to my door. Saved about $175.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    That's what Nexus is for.
    Nexus cant save u the 3hrs there and back
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I use CBI warehouse (parcel service) and it works great for me for parts.

Free to register and you get a ZIP code and PMB #.
    It’s located 5mins over the boarder in Niagara Falls NY.

I also ran into that issue where a U.S company wouldn’t deal with shipping to Canada.
    Another vote for CBI but it has moved so it's a little farther now and located by the Outlet Mall. I order items to be delivered there and couple it with other shopping, lunch or dinner.

CBI USA
    1342 Military Rd, Niagara Falls, New York 14304
    Phone 716.282.7447 - Fax 716.282.8632
    https://www.cbiusa.com/
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trickflow-jay View Post
    Nexus cant save u the 3hrs there and back
    I guess it depends on where you are located - it's about an hour from my office in Etobicoke to CBI, and I stop to replenish my craft beer stocks in NOTL/St Cath on the way back...plus you pay a lot of tax with CBP.

lol u actually pay less oh well
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I guess it depends on where you are located - it's about an hour from my office in Etobicoke to CBI, and I stop to replenish my craft beer stocks in NOTL/St Cath on the way back...plus you pay a lot of tax with CBP.
    I always thought tax was paid based on value?
    '88 LX

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I always thought tax was paid based on value?
    Yes (stated value).