Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  48
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of the new Supra?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    No doubt that is the pinnacle of the Supra. But for me, this is Supra

I had a ‘83 Celica GTS, basically the coupe version of this car. Loved it. Such a fun car to drive.
    Good friend had one of those I think 87ish sweet driving car back then , our foxes were ok in a straight line but those handled remarkably well

DinoZ
    I like it, I think it’s great looking on the outside, formula 1 front end and aggressive shoulders. The back to me is reminiscent of the Shelby Daytona coupe, shorter version.

The original Supra was introduced as competition to the Nissan/Datsun Z car. All the amenities in the car mirrored the Z, although the engines were clearly better in the Supra.

I think you need to look at the market they are targeting, for pricing etc. Are they competing against the 370Z or going for a lower end supercar? The 370Z is getting long in the tooth and isn't as popular as the older Zs, so I feel they are going after the low end supercar. Having said that, the horse power rating is no where near where it needs to be. 382 is almost attained by an ecoboost Mustang and the 2019 370Z is rated at 350hp in Nismo version. I think it needed to be at least between 450 and 500 to generate the interest they are hoping for.

Just my observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I see hints of Alpha Romeo
    You beat me to it.....was going to say the same thing, especially the front end look....think I like the Alpha better.

Alpha R.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    You beat me to it.....was going to say the same thing, especially the front end look....think I like the Alpha better.

Alpha R.jpg
    Now that Alfa looks great.

Personally the thing I like most about the new Supra is that it is so generic that I have no desire to own one...and that makes me appreciate my Mustang GT just that much more. :-)
    FABMAN

Mustang Occasionally
    I think it looks good. Can't wait to see one on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    The original Supra was introduced as competition to the Nissan/Datsun Z car. All the amenities in the car mirrored the Z, although the engines were clearly better in the Supra.

I think you need to look at the market they are targeting, for pricing etc. Are they competing against the 370Z or going for a lower end supercar? The 370Z is getting long in the tooth and isn't as popular as the older Zs, so I feel they are going after the low end supercar. Having said that, the horse power rating is no where near where it needs to be. 382 is almost attained by an ecoboost Mustang and the 2019 370Z is rated at 350hp in Nismo version. I think it needed to be at least between 450 and 500 to generate the interest they are hoping for.

Just my observations.
    I agree with you but if they are targeting the low end super car market they are making a mistake.

supra has a cult following mostly by a younger generation. that fan boys over the FF style, twin turbo 1000hp ant beats anything on the road. off the line this was never the supra. the 350 market is where they need to be for sales, but the fan boys don't like it.

Mustang Occasionally
    I think it will sell at least as well as the Subaru/Toyota BRZ/86. A lot of those guys will be looking to move up and this will likely be the one they choose, especially since Nissan hasn't been doing much with the 370 for the last forever years.

I've heard this car will start at 40-45 American....

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I think it will sell at least as well as the Subaru/Toyota BRZ/86. A lot of those guys will be looking to move up and this will likely be the one they choose, especially since Nissan hasn't been doing much with the 370 for the last forever years.
    Very true. Not really much in the import sport coupe market without getting into the likes of BMW, merc and Audi. And the price that goes along with it. From a sales/ business stand point. Keeping it cheaper seems the best move