Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of the new Supra?

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I've heard this car will start at 40-45 American....
    I think that’s right inline with the Nissan. So good price point.

In-laws have a 370 and love it. Aside from the higher cost of some of the maintenance items like brakes.

But funsports car. Decent price and Toyota reliability should be a winner.

Edit: didn't realize that was 40-45 American. for sure more than the Nissan.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 01-24-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I think that’s right inline with the Nissan. So good price point.

In-laws have a 370 and love it. Aside from the higher cost of some of the maintenance items like brakes.

But guns sports car. Decent price and Toyota reliability should be a winner.

But it has a BMW motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    But it has a BMW motor.
    not sure if that’s a bad thing or not. Don’t have much experience with bmw. Other Than an old beater 83 315 i used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    not sure if that’s a bad thing or not. Don’t have much experience with bmw. Other Than an old beater 83 315 i used to have.
    I was just going by experience of friends and clients. It seems the Toyotas are much more reliable.
    Older BMWs can cost a fortune if not maintained regularly.

Could come back to bite them if it dosnt hold up to the normal Toyota reliability.

Truthfully haven’t been following the new supra. Was it a joint build or just borrowed parts?

Had a buddy complain constantly about maintenance when he had his bimmer - I don't have much interest in imports of any kind - if I had the cash I would buy a Porsche. My biggest beef about car manufacture's is where was this thing the last two decades - I really dislike when a model is dropped and then resurrected from the dead - must be a big let down to those who where diehards also the MR2 - occasional models...? - and it's not just the Supra there are many. Probably why I would buy a Porsche - was always there for their fans. Mustang is another always there...I think the success of these two brands was longevity and loyalty...the car to me (supra) looks pretty generic and nothing that peeks my interest...
    Last edited by hammerhead; 01-24-2019 at 02:17 PM.

I think it's a fail! At that price point it's a serious turd. For the same money you could have a gt350. Also, being a Toyota tech I'm getting tired of these joint ventures. Seems everytime Toyota teams up with another manufacturer the reliability isn't there. But maybe I'm just bitter from having to replace valve springs in the junk Subaru engines in the FR-S lol

lol I know that feeling. maybe this collaboration will work out better than the FR-S, and the matrix. lol

The matrix/vibe wasn't a flop, it was all Toyota. Probably the most reliable Pontiac there ever was! Haha

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by ON BOOST View Post
    I think it's a fail! At that price point it's a serious turd. For the same money you could have a gt350.
    USD, the GT350 starts at 10K more.