Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  271
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip To Scarborough...

Sounds like He did a resonator delete. The car would be a lot louder than stock. Warranty wise I am not sure.

Thanks Fabio. I agree as well

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Personally, I think your M2 is the nicest performance car you have had. That thing has looks, power and balance. My favourite M car right now.

Mustang Occasionally
    Removing the resonator will not affect the warranty. It's just to quiet down the car for normal people (not us).

That is the resonator that is often replaced with an h or x-pipe. This is mainly done because these cars are really too quiet for many Mustang GT owners. Ford then compensated for this quietness by adding a sound tube from the intake to the firewall to “pipe” in engine sound lost from the exhaust. Silly in my opinion (and I deleted mine).

Anyhow the resonator is also much heavier than the x or h pipe so there is a weight savings by replacing it. In addition the modification will add a more aggressive raspy tone to the exhaust to make it more Mustang like.

My car has a full borla s-type exhaust that adds an x-pipe as well as less restrictive mufflers and more aggressive black stainless exhaust tips. I love the sound and it even picked up a few extra ponies.

I would not be concerned with warranty as this doesn’t effect your emissions in any way.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    That is the resonator that is often replaced with an h or x-pipe. This is mainly done because these cars are really too quiet for many Mustang GT owners. Ford then compensated for this quietness by adding a sound tube from the intake to the firewall to “pipe” in engine sound lost from the exhaust. Silly in my opinion (and I deleted mine).

Anyhow the resonator is also much heavier than the x or h pipe so there is a weight savings by replacing it. In addition the modification will add a more aggressive raspy tone to the exhaust to make it more Mustang like.

My car has a full borla s-type exhaust that adds an x-pipe as well as less restrictive mufflers and more aggressive black stainless exhaust tips. I love the sound and it even picked up a few extra ponies.

I would not be concerned with warranty as this doesn’t effect your emissions in any way.
    Thanks - sounds good - when I first started the car I thought it sounded louder than it should lol - I think the sound now is right on for the power. I don't find it loud in the cabin. The advancements are amazing. With that power to sound ratio compared to the old days with similar hp. Even drivability - back in the day not too many people would of consider 400 + hp a daily...lol

Nice ride brother!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are absolutely good to go, enjoy.

Since I purchased this s550 I've only had to opportunity to drive it twice - long story short I was not able to get much feedback from the clutch pedal and found it difficult to know or feel when it was engaging and riding it especially starting on a hill - to be honest it made me feel like a amateur blue hair with his first lambo...lol (I'm qualified to say that tons of gray...lol)

I saw on a video that a guy removed a helper spring from the clutch pedal to rectify this problem - my questions are:

Has anyone removed the helper spring from their s550?

Does anyone feel this way about their clutch pedal on the s550?

Do you think I just need to give it more seat time?

^^^i feel the same when I drive my sons 350, doesn’t feel like ur normal clutch , he laughs at me cuz I feel rookie at it
    The release point on his is also pretty high , I think they have some sort of incline assist but I may be wrong . I’d say seat time .

A Steeda helper spring will help greatly from what I read. This is applicable for both cars mentioned above.