Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Big Oil

Big Oil

(didn't want to mess up "post whatever is on your mind, so made new thread)

Exactly why are we giving Big Oil $1.6 BILLION?
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ene...sohi-1.4950619

Although I was really enjoying the $0.20/L reduction in the price of fuel over the last couple of months, I feel like I have just given back any savings I might have accumulated.

yeah yeah yeah, business loans, development funds, clean energy, yada yada yada.
    It still feels like the government is taking money out of my pocket and into the oil companies.
    -Don____________

yeah it's beyond me - I mean they want to take away fuel but produce it too...when the rich cry they get money - if they have that kind of money to throw around why cant they help us out and our rising personal debt (i'm not saying give everyone money) - why are there homeless - why cant people afford homes and have better lives - but oil we need to save it even tho many cant afford it...politics to me is plain phucked up or it's just beyond my comprehension...I just tend to ignore it - the writing is on the wall for the oil sands improvise - it's just another buyout in my mind - like GM and Chrysler to save a few high paying jobs for a few more years on the backs of many who bumble along daily on minimum wage...

It's very reminiscent of the auto industry IMO. And much like those bailouts, I'm sure there are many many many factors at play that I can't possibly understand. But the optics and the politics appear the same: taxpayers bailing out big industry.
    -Don____________

same reason we are paying off hydro as well.

with oil I think Trudeau is having a hard time mixing his agenda to cease all oil use and keeping voters happy in Alberta, easy answer is always just throw more money at them

It's maddening. Our regulatory review process is so absurd that instead of having a pipeline built and raking in cash from all over the world, we need to pilfer future generations to pay these companies to stay in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Alberta is getting ass raped again by equalization. Trudeau is giving them a sliver back and trying to vote buy in an election year.

Alberta should separate.
    Alberta doesn't vote Liberal, so not much love given in regards to equalization payments like Quebec. The CAQ in Quebec are calling Alberta Oil dirty, but they don't turn down any equalization payments funded by the Oil sands.

$1.6 billion would be a good start to finance a refinery.
    As much as many would like to see the end of Oil in the world, there isn't much that isn't made from it.

Totally politically motivated to try and buy votes. Ironically, it's likely going to backfire and help the conservatives even more since everyone (including Alberta's Notley) says the money should have gone to help get those pipelines built....east AND west, refineries, etc.

Trudoh needs to go! The guy has no clue on what this country needs and continues to throw billions of dollars around on things that don't make Canada and it's people better.

Totally what I was going to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Totally politically motivated to try and buy votes. Ironically, it's likely going to backfire and help the conservatives even more since everyone (including Alberta's Notley) says the money should have gone to help get those pipelines built....east AND west, refineries, etc.

Trudoh needs to go! The guy has no clue on what this country needs and continues to throw billions of dollars around on things that don't make Canada and it's people better.

There's an MP named Candice Bergen? LOL!!!!!!
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    ...The only politician I feel good about voting for is Bernier, and he's got a long way to go with little time to do so.
    If you vote for Bernier, all it does is split the conservative vote and the liberals will win again.