Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Rubbers question

llouche

Rubbers question

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site (like brand new, today..).

Has anyone had any bad experiences with running 315's in the back of a 2015-2017 mustang GT?

I have a 2017 Mustang GT I'll try to attach a picture if I figure out how, It's time for me to change the rubbers. I'd like to go 315 in the back to get the wider tire look as well as the benefits of more rubber to pavement contact. I know 305 will do. However, 315...??? Also, Let me know if any of you want to bring out the stangs and have a little meet. I haven't been to a Mustang meet yet.

Attachment 15697
    Attached Images Attached Images

welcome - lots of meets coming up - sorry cant help with the tire question but if they fit why not - I'm sure someone will chime in

llouche
    Thanks Hammerhead!

Those should fit no problem, just gotta find a tire buster willing to do the swap as it will be a bit of work to fit those on the factory wheels.

Hopefully Heinz , DHorse or Barone will chime in . Sure these guys have tried all combos

llouche
    Awesome! As long as they won't cause any complications.

Quote Originally Posted by llouche View Post
    Awesome! As long as they won't cause any complications.
    Nah Lou won’t cause complications...Heinz & DH might . Kidding , car looks wicked man

Lol I’m sure you meant 315’s causing complications

I run a 305/35/19 on a 19x10 rim on my 2017 GT. Nice fit but I believe that is maxing out the tire on that wide of a rim. Personally I wouldn’t recommend a 315 on a 9.5” rim, some have shoehorned a 305 on one but again it’s pushing it. Also, very, very limited options in a 315 wide Tire in 19” at this time.

The car will easily handle a 325 rear on a 19x11 rim as long as you have a +50 offset.

As for a Mustang meet, that will need to wait until mid April for me to join with my car. :-(
    FABMAN