Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad McQueen Unveils Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang at LA Auto Show

Chad McQueen Unveils Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang at LA Auto Show

Close collaboration between Chad McQueen, McQueen Racing, Steeda and Galpin Auto Sports created a car special enough to be approved by the legendary star’s son. Building on an excellent platform, adding amazing performance combined with precision handling, and wrapped in a menacing, yet, understated package.
    6B4BD49B-F85D-40D6-9978-E0829541173B.jpeg
    LOS ANGELES, CA – At Automobility LA on November 29, Chad McQueen and the team at McQueen Racing announced the start of production of the official Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang by Steeda. Built with a limited production run of only 300 units per model year and available from Ford Dealers worldwide, this ultra-high performance edition Bullitt Mustang has been purposely re-engineered to deliver supreme performance, improved driving dynamics, and offers increased exclusivity for the iconic Bullitt Mustang produced by Ford Motor Company.

The dedicated engineering and performance teams have spent considerable development time to create the most quintessential McQueen Mustang possible – The Steve McQueen Edition. The design spec was classic McQueen - take an already excellent car and enhance power throughout the powerband, while improving the handling capabilities suitable for both track and on-road, all whilegiving the design an even more classic restrained but undeniably cool stance.

“Ford’s Mustang has always been a big part of my dad’s legend. I wanted to kick the already strong performance up several notches without losing that essential style that makes this car so desirable. Less is more,” commented Chad McQueen, professional racer & Steve McQueen’s only son. “This special edition reflects the lessons my dad ingrained in me about what made his personal cars so desirable.”

Key attributes of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustanginclude:

- Available Powertrains - Naturally Aspirated 500hp or Supercharged 775hp (estimated)

- Only available in Dark Highland Green

- Exclusive McQueen Racing Performance Powertrain, Suspension and Handling Parts Engineered, Tested, and Developed in Collaboration with McQueen Racing and Steeda Autosports

- Exclusive Steve McQueen Edition 20” Aluminum Wheels 20”x10” (Front) and 20”x11” (Rear)

- Nitto NT555 G2 Ultra High Performance Tires – 275/35ZR20 (Front) and 315/35ZR20 (Rear)

- Available Four-Point Roll Bar with Rear Seat Delete Kit and 6-point Safety Restraints

- A Purchasers Package that includes a Letter of Authenticity, Signed Steve McQueen Edition Commemorative Print by Camilo Pardo, and Other Highly Desirable Collectible Items

- Commemorative Steve McQueen Edition Rear License Plate Numbered JJZ109 – a Nod to the Original Movie Car
    FC2E7D21-BD5B-464A-9AD7-E7DAFF237EB4.jpeg
    1E436A92-05D2-4F01-A03C-1C10EC7B1447.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why do I care if his Son approved it?
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Approved or not it looks awesome, and has proper wheels, which for some reason wasn’t possible for Ford to do on their own.

Hell yes it's uber cool.

Nice looking car, don’t care that Chad approves of anything as it’s really just a marketing gimmick. Some of the upgrades like roll bar and such are definitely not Bullit like but again I take these “special editions” with a grain of salt.

Car looks good with those wheels but I am I the only one who thinks these front splitters have gotten out of hand?
    FABMAN

^No I agree, it looks like a step or something, it might actually be functional, but I doubt it.

Front End - Not sure, lip looks a tad large there but I like the idea of the elongated air vents tying in to a splitter
    Camillo Pardo Involvement - fuck ya
    Upgrades - The fact theres some legit handling upgrades and not just a branded cold air and mufflers make it nicer than your average dealer rice package

Other than that the fact that every option is branded STEVE MCQUEEN is a bit irksome. Also the name of "Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt" is a bit like calling it the Ford Henry Ford Mustang...Still my plebian ass won't have a shot in hell of owning one so who am I to judge. I do think the '18 Bullitt from Ford is the hottest ticket going for a "reasonably priced" kewllllll Stang. Maybe once they depreciate I can buy one and slap some of those wheels on...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

for me the car looks overdesigned appearance wise borderline blingy - love the colour but would choose the factory model over this one and maybe add one Steve MaQueen trinket to the dash - no chrome

The only visual bling on the outside is the rims and that faux gas cap.