Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coilover spring rates

The D/A's can handle a whole buncha spring.

whats a good front spring rate if your staying with eibach pro lines in the rear?

based on my set up, I had those for a while id say 250. my 275's felt a little stiffer and made the front seem soft compared to the rear, but could also be my tokico illumina's cant keep up with the 275s.

What shocks / struts are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    What shocks / struts are you running?
    koni SA.

Need to stay conservative or ride will suffer. Something in the 250-275 range for a cruiser is good, up to 300 for more handling. On mine, ride fell well off north of there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Need to stay conservative or ride will suffer. Something in the 250-275 range for a cruiser is good, up to 300 for more handling. On mine, ride fell well off north of there.
    ok I emailed mm and told them I was going to keep the rear as is with koni SA and the eibach pro springs and they suggested 175# for the front. Which I thought was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    based on my set up, I had those for a while id say 250. my 275's felt a little stiffer and made the front seem soft compared to the rear, but could also be my tokico illumina's cant keep up with the 275s.
    I meant to say front seemed very stiff compared to the rear. I did change the rear to Ford C springs and it helped along with stiffening up the rear shocks. It feels fairly even now.

experimenting with a stiffer spring on the right rear only may be an inexpensive way to help control jacking under acceleration, rear springs are pretty quick to change -

also consider experimenting with f150 - f250 - f35o up to f550 etc. front coils can be purchased as singles - may be cheaper then brand names and get the same result - this is considered fun stuff for guy who gets bored easy and can't sit still - some cutting may be needed for the fronts to fit

if your not experimental a progressive spring will add comfort - this may be causing confusion for some higher to lower ratings - a higher rated progressive spring may add the comfort of a lower rated non-progressive spring

Quote Originally Posted by juvehab View Post
    whats a good front spring rate if your staying with eibach pro lines in the rear?
    Its either a pro-kit (black spring) or a sportline (red spring)?

The Pro Kit black spring is a progressive rate spring (200-250 LB in the rear (456-570lb in the front))

The Sportline red spring is a linear rate spring (250 lb in the rear (550Lb in the front))

Also take into consideration sway bar sizes and tire sizes as well...