Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country vs. 2019 Ford F-150 Limited vs. 2019 Ram 1

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    5.0L Coyote V8 is still available of course in the F-150, but the top spec version that the magazine used for the test comes with the Raptor-version EcoBoost V6 since that makes more jam than the 5.0.
    is the six good for towing ? - personally I would want less hp and more torque in a pickup (more of a work truck but with comfort) really don't know what the torque spec is on the 6

Yup, big torque with the 3.5 Ecoboost, possible to tow 13,000 lbs. with a properly equipped 4x2

https://www.ford.ca/trucks/f150/features/capability/
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Which one you pick I feel depends on what you use it for.
    TBH I have a hard time picking GM for almost any use...

We buy several trucks a year fleet, GM rarely has come to the table to discounts/pricing whereas Ram will usually go big on the WT trucks, Ford is somewhat competitive for F150 but they know the aluminum trucks have a slightly higher residual and hold so they price accordingly.

Likewise for personal use trucks, the Ram and Ford interiors are heads and shoulders above GM as is the amount of tech you get standard/available in trim range. Last I checked you couldn't get any form of blindspot monitoring or adaptive cruise control in a GM.

The only advantage GM had was for long term hold Medium Duty was the absolutely great 6.0L engine, but that's dying with the new giant grill trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    TBH I have a hard time picking GM for almost any use...

We buy several trucks a year fleet, GM rarely has come to the table to discounts/pricing whereas Ram will usually go big on the WT trucks, Ford is somewhat competitive for F150 but they know the aluminum trucks have a slightly higher residual and hold so they price accordingly.

Likewise for personal use trucks, the Ram and Ford interiors are heads and shoulders above GM as is the amount of tech you get standard/available in trim range. Last I checked you couldn't get any form of blindspot monitoring or adaptive cruise control in a GM.

The only advantage GM had was for long term hold Medium Duty was the absolutely great 6.0L engine, but that's dying with the new giant grill trucks.
    Don't wanna hate on GM too much, it said with cylinder deactivation, the mileage is comparable. Over the years, the Sierra and Silverado have had moments where one or the other hit a home run in the looks department, the last gen Silverado was a stunner in monochrome trim (not the most recent one) it's fugly IMO.

GM is my 3rd choice too, I think I would almost do a Titan or Tundra before a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Don't wanna hate on GM too much, it said with cylinder deactivation, the mileage is comparable. Over the years, the Sierra and Silverado have had moments where one or the other hit a home run in the looks department, the last gen Silverado was a stunner in monochrome trim (not the most recent one) it's fugly IMO.

GM is my 3rd choice too, I think I would almost do a Titan or Tundra before a GM.
    I try not to do too much hating, it's more confusion mixed with wishing it would step up all around on the features as like you said they have some great moments. Our owners have 2015 High Country 1500s, in all black with the black and polished 22's they are amazing looking trucks, but inside its like 2006 all over again. Mileage wise V8 truck is completely dependent on who is driving as far as I'm convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate