Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  92
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Resolutions for the new year

Resolutions for the new year

After reading the A+W thread I’ve come to the realization that I need to be a healthier person. Been letting myself go for the last couple years, but nothing crazy, I’ve gained I think 10-15lbs, but 10-15 very obvious lbs.....to the point where I’m constantly aware of it.
    So I’m planning to eat better and do some light working out, as well as drinking lots of water (no more energy drinks), and drinking less coffee.

How bout you guys?

yah man cut out the energy drinks fore shore^^^^ - I never really had a problem with weight was very athletic in my youth and very active physical job now, but after reading the "Fat Azz to Lean" thread and this recent one I know better and have been thinking I need to work out a bit more - not as strong as I use to be - and gravity is setting in - my diet is still very good but I do slip from time-to-time. One thing I've really focused on in the last few years was eating less and mostly drink only water....

^Im scared to read that thread, I eat mostly garbage, although I am active and my job is very physical. Gonna start slow and go from there, but I have very little motivation other than it wanting to feel my body jiggle as I go down stairs, lol.

Same resolutions I make every year and don't keep, actually drive the Mustang/buy a Porsche.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Mine is an easy one, stay focused on what I've been doing the last three months. Combo of treatments on my back n leg plus eating better is paying off, don't want to slide backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^Im scared to read that thread, I eat mostly garbage, although I am active and my job is very physical. Gonna start slow and go from there, but I have very little motivation other than it wanting to feel my body jiggle as I go down stairs, lol.
    lol yah the jiggle - best to start slow and not go full bore into a diet change especially something that's a complete turn around to what your accustom, just cut out all the process shit energy drinks including Gatorade aren't the best thing and try to convert snacking into more natural foods like fruit...yah the "F" word...lol

would be nice but cant seem to find a way around diet restrictions I have already, I have the lovely combo of IBS, Oral Allergy Syndrome, mild lactose issues plus just a all out dislike fore onions, tomatoes and peppers.

I do my best eating and don't think I eat overly bad, maybe fast food once a month twice at the most., but over the years the weight has added up. bad knees and Back make working out at home difficult without injury (mostly cuz I don't know what the fuck im doing) but Drs have been useless and local gym made it clear they were not interested when I when in asking for a personal trainer/ diet coach

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    would be nice but cant seem to find a way around diet restrictions I have already, I have the lovely combo of IBS, Oral Allergy Syndrome, mild lactose issues plus just a all out dislike fore onions, tomatoes and peppers.

I do my best eating and don't think I eat overly bad, maybe fast food once a month twice at the most., but over the years the weight has added up. bad knees and Back make working out at home difficult without injury (mostly cuz I don't know what the fuck im doing) but Drs have been useless and local gym made it clear they were not interested when I when in asking for a personal trainer/ diet coach
    They turned down or don't have personal trainers onsite to sell you sessions?

I used to have a personal trainer come to the house a couple times a week which is great for getting on a regimen and setting up some programs (trick is staying on it if you don't continue with them after a while).

Club Supporter
    For me, first thing is get more sleep - I don't like to sleep but from all the reading I've done I'm not doing myself any favours by not getting at least 7 hours each night and while I want to re-start my exercise program again, any weight loss is likely going to be hard without the additional sleep.

Don't have to change much in diet since I drink pop maybe 1X per month, don't eat much fast food (quality just isn't there so we usually opt for takeout at our local family-owned Italian or Mediterranean restaurant; Swiss Chalet we do occasionally in a bind since the dog loves the chicken, and A&W when the others listed are closed), minimize salt/refined sugar, minimize milk/meat/no mystery or cheap meat (antibiotics/growth hormones; use non-animal milk), only buy Canadian or US fruit/vegetables where possible (ie. minimize anything that's travelled a long way), buy groceries and cook from scratch for most of our meals.

Oh, and slow down and "smell the flowers" more (even had thoughts of "retiring" and going to work in tech for fun)...and drive the Mustang more than in the past two summers.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    They turned down or don't have personal trainers onsite to sell you sessions?

I used to have a personal trainer come to the house a couple times a week which is great for getting on a regimen and setting up some programs (trick is staying on it if you don't continue with them after a while).
    went in three times and was told three times that she didn't have the procing book and would have to call me. never heard back