Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  92
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Resolutions for the new year

I don't think I eat bad, threw out the day, usually granola based cereal for breakfast, samich either ham or pb and j for lunch, supper is usually something easy due to work, but chicken, sausage, burger(local made not box). sometimes ham of roast from the crock pot. should probably drink more water, normal liquid consumption is a glass of juice in the am and two coffees and one or two cans of ginger ale, threw out the day, and either one glass of wine or a glass of cider after dinner,

biggest problem is snacking threw out the day and evening, but with my stomach issues I get hungry fast and if I don't eat something hunger turns to upset stomach fairly quickly, and then the indigestion gets rolling its usually carbs that slow it down, so I know that's where I need to improve just not easy when its sufferable and not just dealing with hunger

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I don't think I eat bad, threw out the day, usually granola based cereal for breakfast, samich either ham or pb and j for lunch, supper is usually something easy due to work, but chicken, sausage, burger(local made not box). sometimes ham of roast from the crock pot. should probably drink more water, normal liquid consumption is a glass of juice in the am and two coffees and one or two cans of ginger ale, threw out the day, and either one glass of wine or a glass of cider after dinner,

biggest problem is snacking threw out the day and evening, but with my stomach issues I get hungry fast and if I don't eat something hunger turns to upset stomach fairly quickly, and then the indigestion gets rolling its usually carbs that slow it down, so I know that's where I need to improve just not easy when its sufferable and not just dealing with hunger
    With IBS you really should try to find a good doctor or research and find a good book to help out with your diet - there's lots of info online - I've had an ulcer in the past and it may still be with me and some movement issues. A strict diet is what it takes for me and I don't consider myself a real problem. Most of what you have listed may need to be changed especially the drinks, snacks, and grains.

I have renewed love for sleep
    Watch what I put in my body
    Moderate physical activity
    Stay positive and limit exposure to downers
    Drive a Mustang more ... not really a resolution but would like a GT500 , country property & a m%#^+=s......

How much time to I have to edit post ?

Last edited by Screw; 12-31-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Play it safe

Mine is to drive and enjoy my Shelby more and try and to make it to more events!! In the 7 years I’ve owned it I have only 5000 kms lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    I have renewed love for sleep
    Watch what I put in my body
    Moderate physical activity
    Stay positive and limit exposure to downers
    Drive a Mustang more ... not really a resolution but would like a GT500 , country property & a m%#^+=s......

How much time to I have to edit post ?

Don’t mean to not pick but Your resolution. To “limit exposure to downers” are you referring to people?

I just ask because I see this all the time anymore on social media where people say it’s best to walk away from those who “bring you down” or “have a negative outlook / aditude”
    I try and make a ppp t to pass along the PSA that a lot of tones people struggling with depression, ptsd or other mental illness. Can slot of times manifest In frustrations anger and in general being a downer. I’m all for self care but walking away from a friend in need no matter the reason can be devistating.

For a population who jumps onto days like “bell’s let’s talk” but then promote self care over the needs if others I find disheartening.

Again not trying to pick or cause disputes. Commented the same on a post on FB only to have my comment removed by the poster as it “didn’t fit the narrative”

We all must do what’s best for ourselves. But also didn’t hurt to look out for one another.

So if anyone has someone in there life who is angry all the time or a downer. Just maybe they actually need you more than you can possibly know.

^^idk where ur going with this but wrong guy ...not playing lol
    So don’t Dr Phil me cuz u dont know my story

Have a good new year

Club Supporter

I think a can of ginger ale has 10-11 teaspoons of white sugar, so times two? I have a tall stainless steel bottle which I use for water and try to get through 1.5X every day. Coconut water is another good option too for a healthy electrolyte hit (not the canned stuff - better stuff is 100% coconut water only as ingredient - VitaCoco, Zico, One, etc). Processed granola cereal probably has white sugar as well if General Mills/Kelloggs/GP or one of their subsidiaries like Nature's Valley (Kashi used to be good but not sure what happened after they were taken over by General Mills), and depending on the PB you buy you may be consuming more glucose-fructose (corn syrup) as well (eg. regular Kraft PB). Ham is processed meat ham?

Juices are not bad but I only use the "not from concentrate" (with no added sugar) versions. Maybe try basic non-salted almonds, dry roasted peanuts/other nuts, sunflower/pepita seeds, etc (check portion size) for a healthier snack. You'll get good fats with those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    ^^idk where ur going with this but wrong guy ...not playing lol
    So don’t Dr Phil me cuz u dont know my story

Have a good new year
    said it wasnt directed at you just your comment. see the same things over an over anymore. but take it how ever you want, not trying to Dr Phil anyone just tired of seeing people act like saints on the internet and treat ppl like garbage in real life.. again not directed at you cuz I don't know you. but the whole take care of yourself first and screw everyone else thing is, to me, just another example of why the world is so screwed.

said it wasnt directed at you just your comment. see the same things over an over anymore. but take it how ever you want, not trying to Dr Phil anyone just tired of seeing people act like saints on the internet and treat ppl like garbage in real life.. again not directed at you cuz I don't know you. but the whole take care of yourself first and screw everyone else thing is, to me, just another example of why the world is so screwed.
    I took it more in the context of - avoid people that always seem negative towards everything you do. People that simply can never be happy for others and judge constantly.
    Doing my part to boost the economy

Quote Originally Posted by Ontariomystic View Post
    I took it more in the context of - avoid people that always seem negative towards everything you do. People that simply can never be happy for others and judge constantly.
    in that context it makes sense. just seems people always take things to the extreme. I only commented because I had posted something very similar elsewhere around the same time. and figured I comment instead of starting another thread,