Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  99
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelby S197 platform

Shelby S197 platform

Any good ,bad or better years ? What should one be looking carefully at if buying used ? I know a couple of members picked up new to them Shelby’s in 2018 .

Love the s550’s but 350 can’t do lol , just dream stage right now

2011+ had slightly revised front suspension, plus the alloy block saved a bunch of weight where it was needed most to be gone. Not sure if you're looking at spending the $$ that a 2013-14 gets, they are another step of course with the extra power and monster brakes. If not then the 11-12 is a better car than the 07-10, but some people prefer the styling of the earlier cars.

No bad answer really, and with all of the bolt-on aftermarket stuff available you can make an earlier car even more awesome.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I'm a fan of all the S197 Shelbys.

If buying one, I think it's important to know how it will be used. If it's going to be driven plenty, I'd go for a 13/14 to get the extra power and refinements over the earlier gens. If it's going to be a bit of a collectable, I'd look for an earlier KR. Budget is often my biggest consideration so an earlier one that's been well kept is a win as an all purpose beast.

All Shelbys are cool. Hard to go wrong as long as you get one that's been looked after.

13/14 without doubt for me.
    GHIG

So 13+ 5.8 , beasts eh

^Yes, but if course they are much more money because of it. An older model will do just fine but there is more weight over the nose due to the iron block, so it depends on your intended uses for the car. Also, the 13-14 body panels can be swapped to the older models if you prefer the look of the newer ones, I know I do
    Either way you’ll be getting a pretty sick ride if you like the s550 cars.

Yes I think 13+ Is more than I would want to spend . Mehhh this will keep me preoccupied for a while , guess knowing I’m hitting 50 soon ....at times I say fak it one life ,do it if I can .
    If not I’ll drive the crap out of the 06 & sneak jrs 350 out when I can . That’s a different animal altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Also, the 13-14 body panels can be swapped to the older models if you prefer the look of the newer ones, I know I do
    Really? Like 05-09 to 2010+ style or you mean doing the 13/14 grills and valances on a 2010?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

If it's just street duty, you can get a really really clean 07-09 For around 30K.

2010 is the iron block and the new body style, I would get that one if I couldn't get the 13/14.

Not that you race, but the basic S197 5.0 can be made way faster for less money.....the Shelby's can be fast, but takes a lot more money.

Consider a 18+ basic GT, lots of car for the money. Auto of course! I think they can be had for around 35-39.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    If it's just street duty, you can get a really really clean 07-09 For around 30K.

2010 is the iron block and the new body style, I would get that one if I couldn't get the 13/14.

Not that you race, but the basic S197 5.0 can be made way faster for less money.....the Shelby's can be fast, but takes a lot more money.

Consider a 18+ basic GT, lots of car for the money. Auto of course! I think they can be had for around 35-39.
    I don’t race cuz I don’t have a fast car lol

Good advice thanks