Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  99
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shelby S197 platform

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Really? Like 05-09 to 2010+ style or you mean doing the 13/14 grills and valances on a 2010?
    Oops, ya nice catch, I should have specified. Yes the 13/14 to the 10+, 05-09 are pretty different.

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Any good ,bad or better years ? What should one be looking carefully at if buying used ? I know a couple of members picked up new to them Shelby’s in 2018 .

Love the s550’s but 350 can’t do lol , just dream stage right now

You would need to answer a couple of questions for a more informed answer.

What’s the maximum $’s that you want to spend?

What’s your goal, a daily driver, a cool weekend cruiser with good performance, or ultimate performance car for street and track?

What’s you long term for the car that you buy, maintain some decent value or it’s not a concern?

I don’t switch my stuff up too much , so yes long term keeper , odd track event would be nice . More of a cruiser , reliability is usually what push’s me to changing vehicles. I do like the nostalgia of having a Shelby stang . 35-40 is realistic

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
    Something like this

I’d like to be able to drive it across Canada ultimately lol

A 07-09 would be a bit more in the price range your looking at but I like the 2010 in the link. That 2010 has aftermarket wheels and hood pins, I’d ask about the motor if you have any interest in it.

The 07-09 can have clutch issues, heavier peddle and the clutch discs are ceramic which doesn’t hold up well for stop and go driving. The 2010 has an improved clutch.

No matter what the Shelby has an inherent cool factor.

Thanks for the info ^^

^That white one looks nice! If you’re looking, now is the time (obviously), guys get a little crazy with those in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Oops, ya nice catch, I should have specified. Yes the 13/14 to the 10+, 05-09 are pretty different.
    You had me scheming for a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Asking price seems reasonable.

Just a couple of observations.

As far as I know the seat stripe colour should match the car stripe colour. If you were going to seriously consider the car I’d look into why they don’t match, could be something as simple as the owner changed the stripe colour.

Hard to be certain from the poor quality picks but the wheels are either aftermarket or recoated PP wheels (stock colour is like a gun metal). So the car is possibly a PP car (performance package). Which gives you 20” rear 19” front staggered wheels, slightly lower suspension, slightly stiffer suspension, 3.73 rear gear, and a gurney flap on the rear spoiler (which it appears to have).

Under the hood it has the stock pulley on the Supercharger, there are some aluminum caps on the fluids and a aluminum fuse box cover. Could simply just be the owner added some bling. But sometimes these cars are heavily modded and returned to stock to sell. So I’d suggest a trip to a Ford dealer to see if the PCM has the stock tune and also if it has ever been flashed.

^^thank you sir