Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  99
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shelby S197 platform

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Yes I think 13+ Is more than I would want to spend . Mehhh this will keep me preoccupied for a while , guess knowing I’m hitting 50 soon ....at times I say fak it one life ,do it if I can .
    If not I’ll drive the crap out of the 06 & sneak jrs 350 out when I can . That’s a different animal altogether.
    I find buying a used car these days very daunting unless the true history is known - even used ones can cost a few bucks. after years of considerations and driving everyone's unwanted cars (most just given to me...lol) I went the route of the S550, it had about 5000k on it and I thought the price was right and I felt more at ease having warranty but yah if juniors got hey...!! just drive that.

Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    Asking price seems reasonable.

Just a couple of observations.

As far as I know the seat stripe colour should match the car stripe colour. If you were going to seriously consider the car I’d look into why they don’t match, could be something as simple as the owner changed the stripe colour.

Hard to be certain from the poor quality picks but the wheels are either aftermarket or recoated PP wheels (stock colour is like a gun metal). So the car is possibly a PP car (performance package). Which gives you 20” rear 19” front staggered wheels, slightly lower suspension, slightly stiffer suspension, 3.73 rear gear, and a gurney flap on the rear spoiler (which it appears to have).

Under the hood it has the stock pulley on the Supercharger, there are some aluminum caps on the fluids and a aluminum fuse box cover. Could simply just be the owner added some bling. But sometimes these cars are heavily modded and returned to stock to sell. So I’d suggest a trip to a Ford dealer to see if the PCM has the stock tune and also if it has ever been flashed.
    Great observations! But man that car is sexy as hell!!!!!! WOW...wish I had 40k sitting around

Hey Screw, I'm one of those guys that just picked up an 08 Shelby GT500 late summer 2018. Haven't had a lot of seat time in it yet, but with the little I have, really enjoyed it. Nothing like the whine of an SC! For comparison sake, I've owned a 12 Boss 302 and 04 Cobra vert and have to say this car is similar in performance, though more refined than the 03/04 Cobra and not quite as nimble as the Boss in the twisties (which could be addressed fairly easily).

From a looks point of view, I really dig the S197 and also tend to like having what I would consider something that stands out from the crowd a bit (not to kick the S550's at all, but there are lots of them on the road). Not so with the Shelby's. Think it will also benefit you when it comes time to sell it...if/when that time comes. It was also within my budget (similar to yours) and was very happy with the fact it had low miles (just over 14K) on it and previous owner had it for almost 8 yrs. It also came with some nice mods.

As per others here, make sure you check the car over very well, especially if it has higher mileage and has any significant motor mods, and specifically for the 07/08's, see if the clutch was upgraded by Ford (there was a TSB issued). Get a Carproof for sure.

Happy Snake Hunting!

Definitely a lot of knowledgeable peeps on here , from the Soo to the GTA

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Tempting
    I saw a few more around the price
    Yellow one I believe. I’ve been so thinking of a trade, so much so I avoid looking online now- out of sight out of mind but thanks for reminding me Screw lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Tempting
    I saw a few more around the price
    Yellow one I believe. I’ve been so thinking of a trade, so much so I avoid looking online now- out of sight out of mind but thanks for reminding me Screw lol

If I had ur trade value I’d giver a go lol

It’s ok I don’t mind the looking & watching YouTube videos of cool cars . Can’t get over the factory performance of these new s550’s though ....out of the box !

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    If I had ur trade value I’d giver a go lol

It’s ok I don’t mind the looking & watching YouTube videos of cool cars . Can’t get over the factory performance of these new s550’s though ....out of the box !
    I know impressive.
    There is a performance pack 2 at erindale and a blue one at our sponsor Parkway last I looked . Magnaride - just a phone call away Screw. Buy now pay later

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

We sold that blue one a few weeks ago Ron, sorry.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I loved mined. They are one sweet ride and a lot of fun on a road course track. The exhaust note with Track Key enable makes for a very cool drive....with lots of snap crackle and pop on decel. And the resale value is obviously good. No doubt their limited production numbers are helping. Love the white!