Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some people just don’t get it...

Not positive on first one but for sure not over 297km/h, at least not for any notable distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    ...The defacto speed limit seems to be around 135 or so...
    I’m sure that argument will be enough for the judge to toss any ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    That 407 is scary. I take it everyday to and from work and people fly by me when I am doing 120.
    Yesterday was a treat on the 407 ... had 3 spin out 100 meters ahead of me , steered through it at my snails pace & exited at Leslie, thought nuff of this shiat . Slow & steady all the way up to Newmarket

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I use the 407 every day (expensive, but time saving). The defacto speed limit seems to be around 135 or so. The police just don't bother you up to those speeds.
    This guy got picked up probably because the weather didn't justify the speeds.
    Some people don't slow down even if there's several inches of snow or ice on the road.

Met an OPP driver trainer , he said 130 you should be clear , Ricks 97 km/hr is impeding the flow of traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    People fly on that highway. The worse is when trucks with trailers come flying by you.
    Yeah so much for 105 km/ hr governors, recently I don't think many use them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    OPP BUST SAME DRIVER FOR SPEEDING TWICE IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES

Ontario Provincial Police Staff Sergeant Dean Korn has seen a lot of strange things in his quarter century on the job, but nothing quite like what he experienced Thursday.

Korn pulled over a speeding driver on eastbound Hwy 407. He gave a 45-year-old man a lecture and a ticket. And then it happened again a few minutes later with the same driver.

Korn first spotted a Toyota Corolla going too fast near Weston Rd at 6:51 a.m.. Korn registered the driving going between 140 and 144 km/h on the 100 km/h highway and pulled him over near Jane St.

"The guy was not impaired or anything like that, it was just excessive speed," Korn tells NEWSTALK 1010. Korn says the driver's actions were especially unsafe because it was still dark and the highway was wet and slushy in spots from an earlier snowfall.

After a discussion and a speeding ticket, the staff sergeant believed the driver understood the error of his ways.

So after they both merged back onto the highway, Korn was surprised to see the Corolla getting smaller and smaller on the highway ahead of him.

Korn says he accelerated his cruiser to catch up with the driver and found he was going 133 km/h. At 7:03 a.m. Korn pulled the driver over for a second time some 4 km from their first roadside stop.

"He was very upset that he was stopped again and did not feel that he should have had a second charge," Korn says. When asked why he was speeding immediately after being told the speed limit and warned to slow down, Korn says the G-licensed driver said he thought the speed limit was 120 km/h.

"I've never had this particular circumstance before where a person was stopped twice within a couple of minutes for the exact same offence and not seeming to grasp the totality of what they had done in endangering everybody around them and themselves," Korn says.

Between the two traffic stops the driver is looking at some $500 in fines and eight demerit points
    lol I had to laugh when I read this...When I was 18 years old I got my first speeding ticket I didn't get another one until a few years ago some 36 maybe 7 years later - I cant even remember cause the limit was MPH (I think) and I always drove 90mph every where on a hwy - weird times cause I don't even remember when we switched from MPH to KPH - this particular fine happened on hwy 27 probably somewhere just south of Cookstown. So I'm doing 80 maybe 90 mph oh hwy 27 in the middle of the day - think back I was the only car on the road for miles and miles - back the hwy 27 was an nice country road. I come over a hill going south and a cop coming north clocks me, uturns with the lights, I pull over, - he comes up to the window with a smart ass remark, "you know your a hard guy to get a hold of!" fuck I had to laugh! He gives me a ticket and warns me...."I radioed south to let them know your coming"....I was driving a 1973 Plymouth Satelite Sebring with a 318ci. I guess you could say I did a few mods we didn't call it that back then - the fine compared to todays standards was basically a slap in the wrist... It's funny cause my speedo was in MPH and I remember they use to sell stickers with numbers like 60, 80, 100 etc. to stick on the glass portion of the dash so you new what speed you where traveling in kilometers...hahaha a time when intermittent wipers was a cool option and cruise was on the Jetsons omg how cars have changed hahaha...recently I owned a '73 Satelite and took it up to 90 mph, up here, in the open straight road with a strong cross wind and thought to myself "what the hell where you thinking back then?" and backed out before I got to 100mph.
    Last edited by hammerhead; 11-09-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works