Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  63
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new norm for the GTA and many other cities n towns around Ontario.

The new norm for the GTA and many other cities n towns around Ontario.

Rarely a morning I log onto CP 24 or another local news source without reading about a person having been shot, stabbed or beaten within an inch of their lives or worse. How has it come to be occurrences like that have seemingly overnight gone from somewhat rare to happens multiple times pretty much each and every day. Not so long ago we talked down about the US and it's violence but here we are today with no end in sight.

Out of curiosity, is this focused on a specific race or demographic? A terrible trend regardless.

It is everyday I see someone is shot or stabbed in the news now.

I don't see it as a green, white or purple guy shooting a similar or dissimilar colored person, people shooting people and it's happening at an alarming rate.

I try and refrain from having cp24 running in the background when there’s nothing on . Our office has it on all day must be depressing for the office staff . I’m not saying ignore it & it will go away...just a sad state

I know there’s peeps from all over Ontario here , are you guys experiencing the same ?

WTF
    C.A.R.D.I.N.G.

regardless of what Desmond Cole and his cult of Victim Industry Executives say....when the politicians got rid of carding....the gangsters armed up

here's the way it works.....the cops know who the dirtbags are...but if they don't arrest these bastards to the letter of the law, then some shitball lawyer gets to throw down gobs of race-based bullshit to get these assholes back on the street

when carding was legal...the gangsters left the guns hidden while they were out on the street because they knew the coppers would get them.....so when these rhode scholars got into beefs on the street they had to handle themselves somewhat like normal humans.....or at least leave the scene to go and get their gun and by the time they return there's nobody left to shoot

with carding gone...they carry 24/7...and they apparently don't think shooting people is a big fucking deal

like I said....the cops know who these guys are...they just need a system that allows them to properly arrest, convict and lock the bastards up for a long fucking time.....and if we had that....then the likes of Desmond Cole etc would be looking for different job

+1 on the above.

more severe punishment for carrying instead of probation lol

no water off my back most if not all involve street dealers killing for turf or payback

only downside being innocent people may get caught in the crossfire
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

I grew up in the area of the latest killing. It had pockets of not so good areas that stretch out to areas along Finch over to Weston and parts of Jane and back across towards Hwy 27. This latest killing was in what use to be a quiet area just down from the High School I attended. When I grew up in this area it was tough neighbourhood full of punks but never had to worry about knives or guns. Demographics changed with each passing decade. I won't comment too much on that but in 1962 it was lower income residents and that didn't change over time. What changed was the attitudes of people, especially when it came to improving one's self. Every influx had the same opportunity I had to better themselves but some took the easy route and blamed society for their misfortune and eluded to crime. I saw the first guns come into the area when I was 19 years old. They came from the usa thru street gangs and was about the time New York gangs began to move into the area (best of my knowledge). I left there when I was 25 and never had any desire to even drive thru the area. When my oldest Daughter went to Guelph/Humber up on Hwy 27 - I took the time to introduce her to all the areas to avoid and worried the whole time she attended school there.

I worked on Kipling north of 401. Hold ups and guns were a problem then (10years ago)>