Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for immigrants? Why yes, yes we are.

Looking for immigrants? Why yes, yes we are.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...grants-by-2022

1 million more over the next 3 years seems excessive to me.

For the first time I’m my life I think I prefer a spitter.

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    How is this any surprise to anyone??

Just keep paying your taxes and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

The issue I have with this is that the economy may not handle it. The current governments are content to let GM close up and move out. There doesn't seem to be any will to get projects done for the good of the country when faced with minor opposition - pipelines.

We can handle it as long as there are jobs for these people AND they have the required skills to hold these positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    why should we be in a position for "we can handle it"

if you're feeling charitable go ahead and donate or volunteer. Forced charity is robbery.
    Although I do not disagree with you, I am an immigrant.

I was born in Liverpool England and came here with my family many many moons ago....legally. My father came here six months prior to the rest of the family. This was a requirement so he could establish himself enough to support the family........definately NO HANDOUTS.

To further your comment, regarding the US southern border, if all these people are fleeing the corrupt and violent governments of central America, then I feel the best solution, and likely cheapest, is for the US to remove those government and set up an environment where these people can stay in their homes . I'm sure they would prefer that to the uncertainties in the US as an illegal immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...grants-by-2022

1 million more over the next 3 years seems excessive to me.
    thats nothing how about these proposals:

http://www.centuryinitiative.ca/3scenarios/
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

Check out the Immigration details in the thread I posted here: http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...on-Report-2018

For a long time now, Canada has had to resort to bringing in people from outside our country to sustain the population growth, economic (workforce) needs, etc.

Check out the stats and the breakdown of people coming in. Appears most are going to meaningfully contribute, based on entrance criteria.

One thing I'd like to see is the government sharing the costs related to immigration vs. benefits.

I also wonder how we compare to the U.S. in immigration.....

I'm not an immigration expert, but I always understood there is really only 3 ways into Canada:

1. Buy your way in (not cheap) have to invest or open a business.
    2. Get sponsored in by marriage or a relative
    3. Refugee

Everyone seems to focus on the negativity of the third. If your home country is war torn or you are not safe, or even if you did everything right and earned a good living over there, but could lose it all over corruption or war, you'd be moving too. Just imagine going to China at age 35 and having to learn the language at that stage.....not easy.

If we had to buy our way into another country to have a better life, I'm curious how many of us could even afford it.

I'm too busy making my own living to worry about others.

I guess it's an easy target as to why some people don't do better.....blame the immigrants.

Yes, both my parents were immigrants from other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    as stated in my previous post, legal immigrants like yourself should be welcomed. I suspect you would not have qualified for legal entry had you not had skills/education that make you a good bet as a net contributor to Canada. Welcome to Canada.

Meddling in foreign elections, propping up puppet friendly governments are what yielded the Shah of Iran, Sadam Hussein etc. Similar claims of Russian meddling are exactly what you're suggesting, but the opposite side of the coin.

The people fleeing should contribute to reforming their own countries. People who build and maintain a prosperous society have the right to benefit from it. There is no obligation to raise the worlds, poor, destitute, and lazy to western societies standard of living. If you, as an individual choose to help in some manner, good for you. Forcing me to pay for deadbeats is theft. I choose my charities.

Unfortunately the United Nations disagree with your statement regarding the west having an obligation to raise the worlds poor. The United Nations appears to be 100% focused on this.

Here is something to ponder.....

That young girl from the Middle East was just granted asylum by Canada and she has been denouncing Islam and, apparently, has converted (not sure on this);

But if anyone on this forum says ANYTHING against Islam we would be subject to criminal proceedings and possible jail.