Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  88
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you road trip your mustang half way across Canada?

Would you road trip your mustang half way across Canada?

My wife and I are planning a summer 2019 road trip to the maritimes. Lots of lobsters and coastline cruising over 2 weeks on the to do list including a ferry ride across the Bay of Fundy.

So my question is, what would you drive? Should this be a Roadkill trip in my boosted and lowered 06 GT or should we opt for more comfort in one of our newer but boring daily drivers.

IMG_2178.JPG

Roadkill as long as they have 94 octane out east.

Do it! Why not. It is reliable as hell.

I drove mine on a 2000 km road trip two summers ago. Broke twice, but made it home. Was a blast but only because we were going to explore awesome driving roads and do car related things. Also this was a group of 10 guys, all die hard car guys, who were (mostly) willing to put up with delays from broke stuff. Yours is probably far more reliable than my garbage, but any modified car can have issues.

If this was a vacation with my significant other geared towards sightseeing and relaxation, I would 100% be taking my newer, reliable, comfortable, and covered by roadside assistance truck. The awesome driving roads you encounter will make you want the car there, but the hours of highways, steep parking garages, construction and and unfamiliar roads will make you want a nice capable "regular" car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

As discussed at wing night: it's a 13 y/o lowered and loud, gas guzzling beast. Cool as hell, but I think it would wear on me after a couple of days. The bigger question is: which car would your wife choose? It's a long trip back from the Maritimes.
    -Don____________

I'd have no issues taking mine as long as the weather is decent....no A/C so windows need to me open!

My answer is simple, Cobra is heading to State College PA this summer, would I go further, hell yes I would. Car has all options intact n working, Recaro's are very comfortable. In spite of what many would think, fuel mileage is well on the decent side if I'm driving realistically, just doesn't happen often is all. Oh, no matter how you drive mine around town, pig-ola.

Id put a bra on (THE CAR!!) to protect it. I bought one for the hood only, don't make one for the CS.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    As discussed at wing night: it's a 13 y/o lowered and loud, gas guzzling beast. Cool as hell, but I think it would wear on me after a couple of days. The bigger question is: which car would your wife choose? It's a long trip back from the Maritimes.
    LOL forgot about gas. I was getting a stellar 15mpg highway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Driving accordingly, can see low to mid 20s on mine.