Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Flu Shot...or Not to Flu Shot...that is the question

To Flu Shot...or Not to Flu Shot...that is the question

How many here have gotten the flu shot and how has it worked out for you? Personally haven't gotten one....ever. So far so good....

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

No didn’t get flu shot never ever but got the flu the flu this year. Real bad, the kind of “ wish for death “ kinda deals. Just starting to feel better and it’s a good month later.
    The problem with the flu shot is it’s a guessing game some what. You hope W.H.O guessed right
    Included in the vaccine is maybe 3-4 strains ,so bug is another strain then you’re out of luck.
    Usually people at greatest risk 65 and up and under 5 flu shot is good, and they have % out there that will make you dizzy . ( % protection if virus changed/ unchanged)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Same here. No flu shot this year (got it in past). Got flu in early December and hung on to me for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Same here. No flu shot this year (got it in past). Got flu in early December and hung on to me for 3 weeks.
    So maybe both of us should have gotten the shot lol

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

I have only had the flu (at least I thought it was the flu, a cold x 10 with a bad fever)twice in around 12 years. Both of those years I got the flu shot. Never again. I’ll take my chances.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

With my Dr it's mandatory , haven't had the flu , sooooo ??? is it working ?????????????? , wife no shot , no flu either , sooooo , Verdict , works or NOT ???????????
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Quote Originally Posted by MINT2000 View Post
    With my Dr it's mandatory , haven't had the flu , sooooo ??? is it working ?????????????? , wife no shot , no flu either , sooooo , Verdict , works or NOT ???????????
    Guess it’s working Glen . No flu lol
    Take it as having insurance you never use

As stated earlier in this thread, the flu shot is a crap shoot. If the W.H.O. guesses wrong then the flu shot is useless. I have not had them for several years and I have not gotten sick, Not to mention my kid who is in Grade 11 and exposed to every kind of crap going around. No flu shots here anymore. We only got sick when we got the shots. If my doctor told me I had to get one I'd get a new doctor and report him to the college of physicians and surgeons. A doctor cannot force anyone to take anything.

^^^ My DR didn't force me to do, but he strongly advised me to, age and health concerns !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

My opinion is that for those that are healthy, the flu shot is very debatable. Personally, I'd like to have my own immune system fight the virus.

For those with compromised immune systems, it probably makes more sense.

The other thing I've heard is people that get the flu shot and very shortly thereafter get sick.