Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camaro to Mustang?

pwrab

Camaro to Mustang?

Hey everyone.

I admit that I haven’t posted in a long time.....

Many ppl consider me a ‘Mustang Guy’, as I owned a ‘89, ‘07 and ‘12. However, I’ve also owned 2 Camaros as well.
    Back in 2016, I wanted to replace my ‘12 Mustang GT.
    I looked at the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger.

As the new 6 gen Camaro offered items that you couldn’t get on the Mustang (HUD, active exhaust, reconfigurable dash, etc.) I bought the Chev.
    Since the Mustang’s revision in 2018, I find myself torn, as the Stang now has a lot of the available features that the Camaro had.

So, I am thinking about picking up a used 2018 Mustang, and selling/trading my 2017 Camaro 2SS.

Question: Who has driven a 2018/19 Mustang as well as a 2016+ Camaro? I love the Camaro’s torque, and I know that the Mustang is a little down on torque in comparison.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

what is the camaro torq. mustang is rated at 420 I believe - I just purchased a 2018 GT but never drove the camaro - to be totally honest when I purchased mine in December it was spontaneous and I skipped at least four gens - so I'm totally in awe of the 2018

Glad you found your password pal.

2018 Mustang GT is a blast to drive. Lots of power, great handling and cool styling. Absolutely love mine.
    Try one with the performance pack, magneride and the 10 spd auto and you won't want to get out of it.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Camaro to Mustang?

Welcome back Paul!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

455 hp and 455 lbft of torque. This Camaro is a beautiful machine. Comparing it to the 2019 is not on the same page. It’s like the 2019 Camaro got hit with an ugly stick.
    Here is vertfiveoh’s car along with my old beast.
    24517338-37B8-4F73-A05A-03075CF18B2B.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    what is the camaro torq. mustang is rated at 420 I believe - I just purchased a 2018 GT but never drove the camaro - to be totally honest when I purchased mine in December it was spontaneous and I skipped at least four gens - so I'm totally in awe of the 2018

I'll tell ya, current ride you've got there is flat out gorgeous.

Both nice machines but it always comes down to 2 factors: money and want...

If you drive a new GT and have to have it then put yours for sale...then decide if you are going to take a financial bath on the Camaro that you are willing to accept then your decision is made.

Either way you already have a nice toy (and Mustang still doesn’t have HUD which is really silly IMO)
    FABMAN

That is true Fabio. I am really surprised that so many cars still don't have this feature as a standard. It does work quite well. I wish my M2 had this feature.

IMG_6184.JPG

I'm so old school, I had to look up what HUD was.

Seems you're in a no lose situation, keep an awesome car or sell it and buy an awesome car. If money is not a big concern and the camaro honeymoon is nearing its end, I'd do the mustang only because it'll be new and different and that's always exciting.