Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camaro to Mustang?

pwrab
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    PP2 that all I'm going to say Paul
    Rino!
    Hope that all is well!
    Anyhow, it’s too bad the PP2 is manual only....

PP2 does look good but a manual transmission only. I still say keep the Camaro.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    PP2 does look good but a manual transmission only. I still say keep the Camaro.
    Traitor!
    Just kidding. Actually agree keep the Camaro for now, New Mustang great car but I don’t think enough to warrant a trade and may have to add some coin too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

from reviews I've seen the pp2 package performs better shifting on a road course with the 6spd compared to the pp1 with the 10spd auto. Don't know for sure but maybe the 10 spd could be retuned to work different on the rod course?

From what I read the Performance Pack cars (either 1 or 2) do not have sufficient cooling to handle the road courses. Infact I recall reading somewhere that a PP2 car overheated when it was being tested around a road course. I need to find this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    From what I read the Performance Pack cars (either 1 or 2) do not have sufficient cooling to handle the road courses. Infact I recall reading somewhere that a PP2 car overheated when it was being tested around a road course. I need to find this article.
    I read about a guy overheating his 2015 coyote and cooked the engine doing a brake stand burnout...think I'm just goin to wax mine and get a carnauba buzz!! lol then beat on the fox - My s550 will shut off when it gets warm, I believe I read that in the manual - I let it idle too long once and it shut off - an indicator on the dash told me when it was ok to restart - I'm assuming it was too warm.

Edit - I was more concerned about drag racing and overheating…!

Ok found it here.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...-track.110246/

Well, the results of Car and Driver Lightning Lap 2018 are in, and it hasn't been kind to Ford.

Not only did the Corvette ZR1 demolish the three times more expensive Ford GT - 6 seconds faster at VIR, same day, same drivers....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ternational-raceway.97684/page-7#post-2350669

... but....

The Mustang GT PP2 consistently overheated in as few as 3 laps, and continued to overhead even when cool down laps were thrown in between hot laps.

Here is the exact quote from Car and Driver:

"But with no differential cooler, the rear axle overheated every time we took the Mustang out, often in as few as three hot laps, and even with easy laps staggered between them."

So there you have, leaving out the coolers was, again, a major fail by Ford.

So now, what? Wait for Performance Pack 3?

http://www.motoiq.com/tested-carbon-...iber-wheels/9/ this story may shed some light on journalist test drives - if not its a good story on carbon fiber wheels

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Camaro to Mustang?

^^ 12 g’s - I’d be terrified to curb rash them - high commander would never approve buying them anyway lol

Not sure if that’s American $ but that’s my supercharger right there

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    ^^ 12 g’s - I’d be terrified to curb rash them - high commander would never approve buying them anyway lol

lol - and their light enough she could hurl them at me...