Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  22

Thread: Picked up this guy running loose on Dundas Street this morning

Club Supporter

Picked up this guy running loose on Dundas Street this morning

Picked up this guy on my way to the office this morning - he was running loose on Dundas Street near Cloverdale Mall heading toward 427 onramp this morning. He had a harness but no collar or name/info tag. I drove around the nearby neighbourhood for a bit but didn't find anyone out looking for him. I'm guessing he was let out to the backyard and escaped because he was clean and well fed.

Had to drop him off at Etobicoke Animal Control and he had a chip but wasn't registered (WTF???). Why bother with a chip if you're not going to register (and opt not to have a collar with an info tag).

Dog1b.jpg
    Dog1b.jpg

Good on you Richard.

I have picked up a few dogs over the years, have been fortunate enough to reunite all of them with the owners. Can be a surreal moment seeing the look on owners face and the excitement of the pup when they see each other

Good on you!

Club Supporter
    I was hoping to find someone looking for him and not have to take him to Animal Services but if someone was looking they might have been driving around due to the cold so couldn't be identified, and I didn't have an extra leash in the car otherwise I would have walked him to see if he would head back to his house. He is listed on the Toronto Animal Services website now so I'm hoping his family finds him soon.

https://www.toronto.ca/data/mls/anim...imals.html#DOG

Wow, of all the people for that dog to have run into, pick you as the saviour. Gorgeous looking dog, hope he finds his family.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    He looks like a well cared for dog, his owners will look for him. Weird on the chip.
    I got excited when the found the chip but there was nothing when they looked it up - I would have thought it would at least have the info from when it was first implanted by a vet.

The shelter said he could have even jumped out of a car (I guess they get that sometimes) so it's important to have tags or registered chip in case they run if there's an auto accident (and they get out of the car).

Great link!
    But it’s breaking my heart!
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Great link!
    But it’s breaking my heart!
    I know - there was a beautiful German Shepherd in one of the outdoor runs that the beagle ran over to say hello to (I guess the one listed with an intake date of Jan 14 - that's since Monday), and another little fur ball in the office they picked up as a stray this morning also - I don't see her listed so I assume her family came for her.

Plus there's these guys:
    https://www.toronto.ca/community-peo...meet-the-dogs/

Stop it!

My wife is away this week and I don’t think it would be good if she came home and there was a new dog here!
    -Don____________

About 10 years ago we were at my sisters cottage in Bancroft and a hound showed up with some sort of radio collar. We were able to get the number off the collar and called to a number in the USA. Gave them our location and within about 2 hours a couple of American hunters showed up to claim him. Seems he went AWOl while chasing down some ducks. I was impressed they would go this far to be able to track their hunting dog, most of my relatives just went into the woods with nothing more than their dog and some ammo.
    Hopefully he is reunited with his owners soon enough. Good on you for picking him up, as the traffic in that area could have caused a different outcome.