Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who drives their Stang all year round?

Who drives their Stang all year round?

How's the handling during a snow storm with snow accumulating on the ground? What tires do you use? Sand bags in the trunk? Throttle differently?

I drive mines (13 GT) all year and have Blizzaks LM32 19in, handling has been good for 2 seasons however 3rd - 4th season has been bit slippery when driving on 5cm of snow.

I have an 18 eco, 18" xice tires, it slides around a bit in the snow when accelerating but steering and braking are amazing.
    Car is so much more predictable to drift then my 05 feels (although that's on dry pavement vs snow)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Who drives their Stang all year round?

Hey Jon, been awhile.
    I’m currently still running mine - lowered 1.5 on general Altimax snow tires(18s).
    Can’t complain at all really as long as some common sense used when applying the throttle. So far drifting her is pretty predictable/ controllable. I think more for me a better tire is a wish.
    It handled this snow blast as a daily so much so I may not pull out the winter beater.
    No sand bags
    Some sliding is to be expected- but I wouldn’t say I’m terrified to go out when the going gets rough, it’s the salt that bothers me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Definite traction issues, had to pull mine out of the garage when I was doing some rearranging and couldn’t get it back in!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KRS; 01-26-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    2011 Shelby GT500

I drove a Mustang year round for 24 years. Winter driving is a non-issue with a good set of snow tires.

Yes ^^ I forgot to mention I have snow tires on not the firehawks

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

Wife drives her '14 V6 year-round. On Michelin X-ices currently, but used Yokohama iceguards before that. It's been driven through some pretty nasty storms, but worst times in it have been on a couple icy days (can hardly get moving), and got hung up leaving the driveway one day. When I drive it in snow I basically just dump the clutch and let the traction control figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JonsMustang View Post
    How's the handling during a snow storm with snow accumulating on the ground? What tires do you use? Sand bags in the trunk? Throttle differently?

I drive mines (13 GT) all year and have Blizzaks LM32 19in, handling has been good for 2 seasons however 3rd - 4th season has been bit slippery when driving on 5cm of snow.
    Blizzaks dual compound composition makes for a great winter tire. Problem is it is the outer 50% of the tire that has the softer compound for better traction. Once you wear the layer thin or out, you are basically running on an all season tire.

Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    Definite traction issues, had to pull mine out of the garage when I was doing some rearranging and couldn’t get it back in!
    With snow tires??
    With summers I wouldn’t even try

stangstevers
    I bought something that's EXTREMELY fun to drive... Good 7 speed auto, 330HP V6 and AWD. I can drive through crap, have fun and not worry about getting my GT stuck or filled with salt.