Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Best place to buy or have built a 4.6 short block?

Best place to buy or have built a 4.6 short block?

Tossing around the idea of building a built motor for the 96. Local or south of the border to have a short block built?

Purpose will be street, with the ability to handle some track days as well. Either going with ported PI heads or go all out with the TFS heads....
    Last edited by Intmdtr; 01-22-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Mustang Occasionally
    Locally, DeSousa.

Cross border? Ask Heinz. He will steer you in the right direction.

PSP did a great job on Ryan’s black 4.6 GT....it hauls!

WK seems to build alot of 4.6s as well.

Throw the 2V in the garbage and do a Coyote swap. Seriously by the time you go all in on an N/A 2V bottom end + heads build you could have a Coyote and most of the swap parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^^ true , I enquired about doing motor work on my 06 & was shocked at $$ .

Not really, once you step up to any of the modular engines, price for even a basic rebuild would shock most, too many years of cheap to repair / cheap to mod push rod engines. Ever wonder why I preach about running correct oil n changing it way more vs factory suggesting, so the sticker shock isn't something your likely to deal with. Any engine builder worth their stock shakes their heads in disbelief at the oil grades and frequency's far too many continue to use. On the flip side, suspect on some level they are thankful few take good advice as they are busy busy busy these days doing even tons of daily driver engines.
    Most affordable route to power on these engines remains with a blower with supporting mods. Keep it moderate with a reliable tune and supporting mods, stock engine will take a good bunch of abuse yr after yr. Of course, get greedy and your right foot is controlling a disaster ready to go off without notice. Yes someone will chime in their stock engine has held up for several years running it on kill, you sir are the exception cause for every success story there is a very long list of pissed off peeps n broken parts. Power gains from ported heads n cams disappoint most for the dollars spent.
    My o2

If you're not concerned about keeping your air conditioning and about passing some complution tests the throw in a big stroker motor. In end I will have spent $10000 to get to 350rwhp and another $10000 to get to 700rwhp.And that for parts and a tune as I do work on car myself...But had car for 16 years and not planning on selling...ever.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph