Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

According to several of the oil n car manu's, you don't. Problem is, more times vs not it leads to problems as the miles pile on.

Club Supporter
    Breaking news....lol (from G&M)

Restaurants are making you pay for Ontario's minimum wage hike

Annual inflation eases but …
    Ontario consumers appear to be paying the price for the increase in the minimum wage.

There's evidence that restaurants and other businesses are passing that increase onto consumers, which you can glean from today's Statistics Canada report on January inflation.

"Restaurant prices posted the second-largest monthly increase of the past 27 years - if you were to think that was the result of Ontario's minimum wage, you'd be correct," Bank of Montreal senior economist Robert Kavcic said of the overall report.

Restaurant prices across Canada rose 3.7 per cent in January from a year earlier, a far faster pace than December's 2.9 per cent. The overall move higher in food prices, of 2.3 per cent, was the fastest pace since April, 2016.

In Ontario alone, Statistics Canada said, restaurant meals climbed 4.9 per cent, and child care and housekeeping services almost 10 per cent. That, the agency said, coincided with "a legislated minimum wage increase."

It's interesting, given the controversy over minimum wages and the impact on jobs, to compare last week's report on the labour market and today's inflation release.

"The impact of minimum wage legislation in Ontario was hard to ascertain in the January employment report, but easier to see in the price data," said Toronto-Dominion Bank senior economist James Marple.

"The acceleration in food price growth came in large part due to restaurants and in Ontario. Child care and housekeeping services prices also accelerated in the month."

Annual inflation in general eased to 1.7 per cent, down from December's 1.9 per cent, while rising by a stronger-than-expected 0.7 per cent on a monthly basis.

If you ignore food and energy prices, consumer prices rose 1.5 per cent over the year and 0.2 per cent from December, so all in all "a material acceleration over the past few months," said Royce Mendes of CIBC World Markets.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I don't understand? He said I just needed a new timing chain

Every time I see this picture my head hurts. And I'm reminded that there is nothing more expensive than a cheap german luxury car.

Cars are uber cool n drive fan tas tic but man oh man, when you break it.

Quote Originally Posted by IanGTCS View Post
    Every time I see this picture my head hurts. And I'm reminded that there is nothing more expensive than a cheap german luxury car.
    I thought taking the front bumper off plus the rest of the front was worse!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Breaking news....lol (from G&M)

Restaurants are making you pay for Ontario's minimum wage hike

Annual inflation eases but …
    Ontario consumers appear to be paying the price for the increase in the minimum wage.

There's evidence that restaurants and other businesses are passing that increase onto consumers, which you can glean from today's Statistics Canada report on January inflation.

"Restaurant prices posted the second-largest monthly increase of the past 27 years - if you were to think that was the result of Ontario's minimum wage, you'd be correct," Bank of Montreal senior economist Robert Kavcic said of the overall report.

Restaurant prices across Canada rose 3.7 per cent in January from a year earlier, a far faster pace than December's 2.9 per cent. The overall move higher in food prices, of 2.3 per cent, was the fastest pace since April, 2016.

In Ontario alone, Statistics Canada said, restaurant meals climbed 4.9 per cent, and child care and housekeeping services almost 10 per cent. That, the agency said, coincided with "a legislated minimum wage increase."

It's interesting, given the controversy over minimum wages and the impact on jobs, to compare last week's report on the labour market and today's inflation release.

"The impact of minimum wage legislation in Ontario was hard to ascertain in the January employment report, but easier to see in the price data," said Toronto-Dominion Bank senior economist James Marple.

"The acceleration in food price growth came in large part due to restaurants and in Ontario. Child care and housekeeping services prices also accelerated in the month."

Annual inflation in general eased to 1.7 per cent, down from December's 1.9 per cent, while rising by a stronger-than-expected 0.7 per cent on a monthly basis.

If you ignore food and energy prices, consumer prices rose 1.5 per cent over the year and 0.2 per cent from December, so all in all "a material acceleration over the past few months," said Royce Mendes of CIBC World Markets.
    Jeez, thanks a lot Captain Obvious, who would have thought that increasing the price of labour would in turn increase the cost of good/services/living life? Certainly not Wynne, it was supposed to be a magical time, where companies just paid employees more and nothing changed as a result.
    I swear people are braindead in this world, and the guy who wrote this probably made a few grand for his “assessment”.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I don't understand? He said I just needed a new timing chain

Wait a sec. that looks like the rear of an engine.....why would anyone put timing gears back there? *cough, Ford, cough*

WTF
    Toronto Maple Leafs beat Boston last night 4-3....without our #1 Stud Auston Matthews (out with a shoulder injury)

the end score doesn't indicate that the leafs fucking dominated for 2.5 periods

the Leafs have played 64 games so far this season and are 39-20-5 with 83 points

2nd in our division and tied for 3rd in the entire league

18 games to go (36 points up for grabs)

most games the Leafs have ever won in a season - 45
    most points ever scored in a season - 103

another stat.....most wins for a Goaltender in a single season - 37 (Ed Belfour and Andrew Raycroft)

Freddy is sitting on 32 wins after last night

this is a good fucking team

just over a month and 1500km and Ive already taken panels apart on the new car.
    Weather was awesome today so I spent some time and installed a new front and rear dash cam (hard wired with fuse taps).

Im thinking I will be having a lot more torn apart soon as I spent Sat discussing upgrading the sound system with the guys at East Hamilton radio (the stock 9 speaker sucks in my opinion)

Still comparing DSP's etc but thinking of just doing drivers first anyone have any opinions between; (all in 6.5, 3 and 1' in 3 way active)
    Audison Voce
    Hertz Hi energy
    Herts Mille Pro
    Focal Performance 165AS3
    Any others?

Was just reading this story since it popped up on my Twitter

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/02/...much-caffeine/

Honestly I feel like this shit is what's wrong with society today. not the energy drink part but the fact that this woman decides instead of I don't know, fucking parenting and maybe paying more attention to what your kids are shoving in their body your reaction is to make a fucking facebook post and call for "hopes and prayers" and demand a school (that the kid who power bombed the Dew and Red Bull doesn't even fucking attend anymore...) ban them (minding they don't currently sell on campus). So somehow force already over worked (and potentially armed??? MURICA) teachers to police what teenagers are drinking at all times, right.

For fucks sake I don't care if you want to rain hate on me but seriously can we get an aptitude test going to qualify for paternity...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate