Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    he was charging from home...
    If owned a Tesla I’d likely use it for local runs. If I did, until they start requiring payment, I’d always charge at the supercharging station. I think it’s an 85% charge is 30 minutes. While charging walk to the Timmie’s or the A&W, do my washroom business and then go home. Wouldn’t cost me anything as I’m always at Timmie’s! lol

The big screen in the car has an app to show where The supercharging stations are.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Tesla charging is not free unless you have a model s or model x otherwise it is pay per use. I charged (at a tesla supercharger) a model 3 up to around 290 km range and it cost 14.30.
    There is no method of paying at the station near me. Just back in and plug in.
    No where to put a credit card, no one supervising.

I’ll be there tomorrow so I will check.

Club Supporter
    no - I read about people using them in their homes in the USA didn't seem to happy with it and very expensive - Europe is light years ahead of North America in regards to sustained energy
    The original pricing I saw a couple years ago was starting at $20K installed but now it seems about $1500 installed and $30/month in Canada. I don't know how well it works now but I'm sure it's much better suited for down south or Cali/AZ/NV/TX, etc.

Foxstang
    Tesla charging is not free unless you have a model s or model x otherwise it is pay per use. I charged (at a tesla supercharger) a model 3 up to around 290 km range and it cost 14.30.
    That's about less than half the cost of my truck. I'm sure a Honda civic is close in terms of how many miles per dollar to a model 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    There is no method of paying at the station near me. Just back in and plug in.
    No where to put a credit card, no one supervising.

I’ll be there tomorrow so I will check.
    The car automatically charges you. No CC needed Just plug and go. Actually most charge points are pay per use. prices in my short time using them ranged from $1 to $2 per hour. That is about 20 to 30 km range/hr. Didn't find any level 3 chargers but I bet they are around $20 / hr.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    That's about less than half the cost of my truck. I'm sure a Honda civic is close in terms of how many miles per dollar to a model 3.
    Well 290 km range isn't actually 290 km. It's around 200-220 actual range once you factor in a/c, heat, lights, radio and every other single electric system in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    yah I had a civic for a while about 50$ per week for 1000kilometers (Approximate) all highway was an awesome car that way
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

right now in this weather my f150 with the coyote and 10spd. is costing me about $25-30/day 1000 kilometers a week (Approx.) all highway - my Mustang with coyote and 6spd was much better at $20-25/day 100 kilometers (approx.) all highway - I need to find a good used civic again lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

The car automatically charges you. No CC needed Just plug and go. Actually most charge points are pay per use. prices in my short time using them ranged from $1 to $2 per hour. That is about 20 to 30 km range/hr. Didn't find any level 3 chargers but I bet they are around $20 / hr.
    I think when Tesla first started they installed some charging stations in areas and they where free - but that cant go on forever - I remember seeing Tesla lined up side by each at the airport charging in the underground many years ago when they first came out - they had designated parking...lol another perk! haha
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

I think when Tesla first started they installed some charging stations in areas and they where free - but that cant go on forever - I remember seeing Tesla lined up side by each at the airport charging in the underground many years ago when they first came out - they had designated parking...lol another perk! haha
    Only free if you have a model s or model x with free unlimited supercharging, otherwise you pay. at any supercharger. You also have to pay to use the parking garage and you have to pay by the minute if you leave your car plugged in after it is charged. The last thing is recent due to many people clogging up superchargers while shopping etc.