Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    is this Federal or Provincial legislation?
    the legislation are weird - this one is likely provincial only but may be similar to others in North America - some trucking companies travel all over North America and that's when it gets real stupid because no district is on the same page - take speed limiters in Ontario speed limiters are law on trucks not to exceed 105kph - that is not required anywhere else that I'm aware of
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    is this Federal or Provincial legislation?
    I think part of the problem with all this is the gov let the weights and axle configurations and length of trailers get out of hand - trucks beyond two axle are really heavy and hard on the roads and somebody needs to pay for the road work - in the past the trucks had lift axle to carry the weight - the problem the axles needed to be lifted when turning - this meant added weight on the remaining axles on the ground and structure of the trailer - a tri-axle trailer has a long spread and is hard to turn - also the weighs changed drastically but the systems really did change for example- air brake "S" cam braking system is as old as the hills and has many flaws in the designs and operation that I see regularly - it may have worked well in the '50's and beyond when trucks where only 38 ft. long and one axle - nothing has really changed engineering wise for the stopping systems but rates have greatly increased - in the last two decades disc brakes have been developed but haven't been legislated to be standard OEM. they have ABS but that doesn't improve the antique design....it's a crazy industry hahaha - you can that most regs are made up from people who may have been influenced by industry pressure and lack of knowledge and are now trying to gain control again....
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Lol posted at 8:07. It’s gonna be a long day

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    After reading all this SPIF stuff, who then makes up these laws? It has to be someone with at least a little knowledge of trucking to be pushing the regulation? I guess the control mechanism is to prevent the people that don't maintain their trucks, but of course the few that do get the shaft right along with it.

I guess it was like e-test, it's to go after negligent people, but enthusiasts get screwed, but now they've scrapped it in the end. Sounds like this thing won't have legs given all the side effects or will force smaller companies to merge with larger ones, I just don't get how it gets through without major trucking companies screaming about it. Unless the rabbit hole is deep and they are in on it.
    It's more an infrastructure measure designed to reduce the amount of impact heavy trucks have on Ontario's roads and highways. Let related to truck maintenance and more about weight transmitted per axle. So the rabbit hole theory would be as stated it's going to hurt guys with small fleets that now have to pay to convert their trucks/buy new trucks and end up not being able to run as much load in their trucks so a double hit to the bottom line. Therefore basically allowing the big fleets who can stomach the impact on the bottom line to weather the initial storm and then pick up the work when the little guys close up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I think part of the problem with all this is the gov let the weights and axle configurations and length of trailers get out of hand - trucks beyond two axle are really heavy and hard on the roads and somebody needs to pay for the road work - in the past the trucks had lift axle to carry the weight - the problem the axles needed to be lifted when turning - this meant added weight on the remaining axles on the ground and structure of the trailer - a tri-axle trailer has a long spread and is hard to turn - also the weighs changed drastically but the systems really did change for example- air brake "S" cam braking system is as old as the hills and has many flaws in the designs and operation that I see regularly - it may have worked well in the '50's and beyond when trucks where only 38 ft. long and one axle - nothing has really changed engineering wise for the stopping systems but rates have greatly increased - in the last two decades disc brakes have been developed but haven't been legislated to be standard OEM. they have ABS but that doesn't improve the antique design....it's a crazy industry hahaha - you can that most regs are made up from people who may have been influenced by industry pressure and lack of knowledge and are now trying to gain control again....
    This is 100% accurate. The weight limits in Ontario are way out of hand. It's not our fault that they are this way but now we are being forced to modify trucks that currently are and have been legally allowed to carry the weights. Instead of cramming an unsafe and questionable system down our throats why not let older trucks cycle out of the system. This system will force many smaller companies and many more owner operators out of business. But in the end Ontario doesn't want small business anyway. This is a provincial law not federal. Unfortunately our trucks are not configured for any other province or state for that matter.

You know those days where you want to throw your phone in a river, get in your truck, start driving, and when you feel like stopping start a new life in that location? That's what this day feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    This is 100% accurate. The weight limits in Ontario are way out of hand. It's not our fault that they are this way but now we are being forced to modify trucks that currently are and have been legally allowed to carry the weights. Instead of cramming an unsafe and questionable system down our throats why not let older trucks cycle out of the system. This system will force many smaller companies and many more owner operators out of business. But in the end Ontario doesn't want small business anyway. This is a provincial law not federal. Unfortunately our trucks are not configured for any other province or state for that matter.
    Not sure what you have but you may be able to sell it in Texas they have some heavy haulers there most have tag axles with smaller tires on the lift - also Michigan allow crazy weights on their roads too (or did) other than that I cant think of anyplace other than Quebec, they use to allow tandems with a lift and tri-axle trailers out to the east coast. I hope it all works out for you. I found it to be stimulating conversation and didn't realize how much I had forgot. It even brought back memories of the "Wedge Brake" system. That was a rear treat. You also introduced me to things I wasn't aware of and almost got me interested lol - for the last ten years or so I have not been keeping up with the trends. There are people around that buy unsold trucks and ship them places where they can be put back into use...again I hope it all works out for you!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Our truck apparently ended up being stripped for parts and the motor put in a Glider kit. CAT powered stuff still seems to bring a premium even if the shipping container is real rough.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Someone I know is signing papers for his new GT 500 today

Will get some pics when he takes delivery
    What a douche

Edit: delivery is still sometime in spring? What the heck??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Our truck apparently ended up being stripped for parts and the motor put in a Glider kit. CAT powered stuff still seems to bring a premium even if the shipping container is real rough.
    my neighbour (farmer) has got an old Ford dump truck with a mechanical Ford diesel v8 with low mileage - I've been trying to squeeze that engine out of him for years for the rusted carcass I have in the driveway and build a real red neck coal roller....
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd