Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,507

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Driver : "How much oil pressure should this truck have?"
    I f*ing hate loaded questions.
    Don’t ask “how much should it have” when you know the answer is “more than zero”.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    Time to be a renter and work under the table lol
    Agree, but that’s why there is a push to become a cashless society.....no more under the table.

^^^ Laurence, maybe your paying for the new tower behind my house lol ^^^^
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    maybe your paying for the new tower behind my house lol

Club Supporter
    Cool article - only one I've eaten at is St. Peter Stiftskulinarium (803 A.D.) in Austria. Food was great and so was the red wine since they've been making it for so long (brought back two bottles). Hope to try a few more when we can travel freely again. Anyone been to any of the others?

https://www.travelandleisure.com/foo...id=41589438657

image.jpeg

The 10 Oldest Restaurants in the World Are Way Older Than You May Think
    The oldest restaurant in the world has served both Mozart and Clint Eastwood.

BY STACEY LEASCA AUGUST 08, 2020

Every year there’s some new food trend that seems to sweep the internet. Remember when cupcakes were all the rage? Rainbow grilled cheeses? How about the cronut? But some meals are bigger than trends. And most of those long-lasting dishes can be found in a few of the oldest restaurants in the world.

In a time when restaurants seem to come and go with the seasons, there are a few standout stars that have somehow stood the test of time. And we’re not talking a few decades — we’re talking a few centuries.

NetCredit, a financial services provider, waded into the historical waters and created a list of the oldest restaurants in more than 115 countries around the globe. To reach its conclusion, it simply used the qualification that a restaurant is “still serving today,” meaning it could have changed hands, names, or gone through renovations since its opening day. It then looked through records and historical data to formalize its list of the 10 oldest restaurants in the world.

Coming in at the number 10 spot is Gostilna Gastuž, a restaurant that has been serving food in Slovenia since 1467. According to NetCredit, it’s long been famous for mushroom soup and buckwheat porridge.

Honke Owariya in Japan landed at number nine on the list. It’s been doling out its famous soba made with mushrooms, egg, shrimp tempura, nori, leeks, and daikon since 1465.

The eighth-oldest restaurant on the list is Hotel Gasthof Löwen, located in Liechtenstein. It’s served happy patrons veal with vegetables since 1380. It’s closely followed by the seventh-oldest restaurant, The Sheep Heid Inn in Scotland, which has served steak and roasted mushrooms since 1360.

In 1345, the sixth-oldest restaurant, La Couronne in France, opened its doors to offer duck, roasts, and escargot. And in 1198, the fifth-oldest restaurant, The Brazen Head in Ireland, opened to serve bangers and mash.

In the fourth-oldest spot sits Ma Yu Ching’s Bucket Chicken House in China, which first served buckets of chicken in 1153. Just a few years earlier, in 1147, the third-oldest restaurant, The Old House in Wales, began feeding customers pies with chips and peas.

And, in 1146, the second-oldest restaurant, Wurstkuchl in Germany, cooked its sausages and sauerkraut. While these places all certainly have a rich (and tasty) history, none quite match the length of St. Peter Stiftskulinarium in Austria, which opened way back in the year 803 and served tafelspitz (boiled beef with minced apple and horseradish). NetCredit put the restaurant’s age in perspective when it wrote that it served “both Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Clint Eastwood.”

Looking to dine at the oldest restaurant in the United States? You can, by heading to Newport, Rhode Island, and making a reservation at The White Horse Tavern, which a pirate named William Mayes opened in 1673. Sure, it may not be as old as the others, but as someone who grew up just a few miles away from the restaurant, I can tell you it’s just as tasty. Check out the entire list of oldest restaurants, along with all the research that went into this unique project, here.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 09-27-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Another case out west (BC) of a woman arrested for animal cruelty, running a puppy mill.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...spca-1.5739807

I just don’t understand the market/demand. Why so many people insist on bred, specific breed, pets?
    IMO, rescue mutts are the best. Whether you’re a dog or cat person, please adopt rescues. They will love you forever.
    -Don____________

Mental and Physical health history/lineage is why we went the breeder route (1st time), all other dogs I've had (rescues) were heart breaking and expensive experiences...

There are some great breeders out there, this one in BC and many more should be jailed...jmo

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Another case out west (BC) of a woman arrested for animal cruelty, running a puppy mill.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...spca-1.5739807

I just don’t understand the market/demand. Why so many people insist on bred, specific breed, pets?
    IMO, rescue mutts are the best. Whether you’re a dog or cat person, please adopt rescues. They will love you forever.

Had a fridge on order since April, every time I called for an update it kept getting pushed back another month. Just contacted the store again and now they tell me there's no ETA when it will come. Fuck you very much! Asked for my money back, this is bullshit, I'm done!

^ We are in the exact same boat for automotive parts right now, some stuff is either hugely delayed or won't even be available till maybe next year.