Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Extremely hard to instill that level of personal responsibility with 50+ guys running the machines, moving the machines, across a variety of job sites..
    Hell I have problems getting two guys to not lose screw drivers.

Even resorted with a couple guys to make them replace them.

I’ll buy one set once a year. Even that seems like too much. But it got to be a monthly thing having to replace hand tools that they constantly misplaced.

Long ago gave up trying to have stuff get simple Maintinence and cleaning. If I don’t do it myself it never gets done.

We bought everyone of our guys a Klein tool backpack. Shocking reduction in lost hand tools with that one move.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

We bought everyone of our guys a Klein tool backpack. Shocking reduction in lost hand tools with that one move.
    I’ll look into that. They currently use tool bags but maybe having a bag that needs to be packed and closed will help keep things itemized.

My only unforgiveable sin is being rough on your work truck. There's no excuse for beating up a truck only you and maybe one other guy are responsible for.
    When I was at the mine in Timmins, they assigned a work truck to groups of three. At the end of replacement cycle (I forget how many years), one of the three was given the truck. There was a huge reduction in body damage, LOL.
    -Don____________

During COVID we starting buying the Chinese motors because finding Honda replacement parts was near impossible. Our findings mimic yours, the guys treat the equipment like utter shit so the labour and parts to repair Hondas is greater than the cost to just slap a Powerfist/Predator/whatever in there and let it eat until they starve it of oil or send it off the roof. On average we kill a 390 equivalent every 3 months, a 140 every 2 months. I have a lock up with about 3 spares of each on standby and do the sale game like you guys.

The franken motor I made is for a hot tar kettle, has a difference reduction crank than any of my spares hence the experiment.
    That's why we did it too. 95% are one thread, however a pump had that 5% that was unavailable. Talked to a few dealers and they weren't going to see any for months. Got the pump running for a while. Eventually something else went as we got a new pump.

Disney on ice with grandkids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice

Cool. Where was that being staged Mav?
    -Don____________

Scotia center

Love having a shop/maintenance guy who I can say "here's the problem I need solved" and he just takes it and runs with it. Instead of spending $3k on a new dump truck tarp system he fabbed up a system with parts from the shop and princess auto in a couple days time that's gonna end up being under $1000 including his labour.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate