Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    Full time job or business? Job = lots of money, paid time off, sick days and benefits but also comes with shit 3 hour a day commute, office politics and generally hating my life.

Business = little financial reward for 15 hour work days, no time off and no paid sick days but enjoying your work days.

I’m hoping being poor is temporary with the business, it’s hard to get ahead. I pulled a lot of revenue this month but net profit is still non existent lol. I’m still in the red, once in the black I doubt I will be constantly driving this sort of revenue I worked 70 hours a week only to PAY my company stay alive lol. Yikes
    welcome to business ownership. its not about tons of cash in the bank. its about cashflow, there will be times when things are flush, and times when you are not sure how your gonna pay the bills. the rewards can be huge but the workload is the same. be prepared to be barely scraping by while constantly hearing fro, media, government and general public about how your a crook, and can afford anything simply because you own your own business.

couple things that were told to me when we started,

in a service based business people have a tendency to focus too much on cramming in job after job, its what your good at and what you enjoy, sometimes that can lead to tunnel vision and paper work, invoices bills accounts, can be over looked. it seems silly to say but overlooked invoices can happen all the time and they can kill even the most successful business.

second. comes as the business grows. and a pod cast i was listening to the other day put it really well. its the easiest thing in the world for a business owner to hire someone to do the job you hate to do, but its the hardest thing to hire someone to do the job you love to do. as growth happens you need to be prepared to accept that you may not be the best at certain aspects, even if you love them, failing bringing in talent to do those things so an owner can focus on the business and growth can stagnate a business in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Ross and I headed over to Heritage after lunch to strap our butts into a PP2 and put a few miles on. I fully expected it to be a bit of a handful on the rutted city streets, which it is. Plan from minute one was to replace stock wheels and tires so no biggy. Hill assist is nice for take offs everywhere, blip on downshift is cool but could see me shutting it off for normal driving. No active exhaust but found the note from out back pleasing at all speeds. Power exceeded my expectations, damm that engine is smooth as butter. The shifter and clutch are nice, very nice. Steering wheel with tilt and telescopic are a cool touch, well done. Combo of styling plus splitters and small rear wing on top of wheel color, stunning n cool. Switching between suspension modes is quick and easy. Amazed how well the mag ride eats the ruts n cracks up especially considering it's on super short sidewall 19" tires. Suspension modes themselves give it exactly the feel I would have hoped for, well dialed in me thinks.
    Although I really liked so much of the car, underwhelmed with the radio / nav screen, graphics and layout, radio volume and tuning knobs, not sure where happened there either. Sound quality of the system fell well short of what I'd consider enjoyable. Previously driven PP1 and PP2 with standard power seats and found I could adjust to exactly what feels good to me. Recaro's in this one, seats themselves are off the charts cool but without power the basic mounting position is no where close to what I'm looking for. As in many vehicles these days, more tailored to drivers that prefer a laid back / more reclined seating position. To me that puts too much pressure on the backs of my legs to comfortabley work the pedals and has my butt positioned far too low.
    I came away saying it's a really really really nice car but for me it just didn't push the wow factor button.
    Thank you again to Bill from Heritage for setting me up, great seeing you.
    If anyone is in the market for a 6 spd PP2, Bill has a green one in stock (PP2 Recaro's and Nav), white one (PP2 Recaro's Active exhaust Nav) plus a blue one (PP2 Recaro's Active Exhaust not sure about Nav) shortly after that.
    I found the same issue with the seats - but it is hard for me to be comfortable in any seat due to past hamstring injuries - long rides was killer on my left leg and hip - but they do hold you in nicely - but comfort for me means my hips need to be a bit higher than my knees - I just write it off now as just being an old mofo and once its wound up and the adrenaline is pumping all that goes away...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

My brain says this is a seriously stupid question.

But.

Anyone have some time with one of these new Alfa’s

They look pretty good. And the pricing is very reasonable.

Might test drive one for shits...

OIP.jpg
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 10-23-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Nice looking ‘sold’ girl on Barrett-Jackson auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Test drives today. No decisions yet
    Have more to look at but so far really liked a 2017 F-PaceS but the winner for today was a 2017 Audi SQ5.

Looked at a 430i sport coupe. But have not had a chance to drive it yet.

Maybe Monday.

Club Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Nice looking ‘sold’ girl on Barrett-Jackson auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One in the painted on pants is smokin.

oops...
    Last edited by bluetoy; 10-25-2020 at 12:03 PM.

I've been thinking about moving for a while now. Well basically since I saw this a few minutes ago.

come up to my place we have them everywhere. lol