Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,503
Page 2380 of 2380 FirstFirst ... 1380188022802330237023762377237823792380
Results 23,791 to 23,792 of 23792

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

I read a story about resale value of used EV's being low and they're hard to unload. No idea if true or just an EV hate story.

My uneducated, unresearched take is that EV's higher capitol cost up front will buy lower operating costs for the outset but there is a crossover point. IMO the only valid comparator is cost per kilometer over the life of the vehicle including energy inputs and maintenance from new through to scrapping of the vehicle. Include in that should be lost opportunity cost of waiting for a charge or any costs like extra overnight stays due to range limitations.

I'm also not a fan of hybrid, having a second drive/control/nanny system(s) to maintain add complexity that I don't figure adds to reliability or reduces life long operating costs. Again, just my unresearched opinion.

The fact that consumers are looking to EV's means the carbon tax is working. Whether a shift to EV's is more beneficial to the consumers over ICE is separate question. There's a lot of $$ in EV's and the whole climate change hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    I read a story about resale value of used EV's being low and they're hard to unload. No idea if true or just an EV hate story.

My uneducated, unresearched take is that EV's higher capitol cost up front will buy lower operating costs for the outset but there is a crossover point. IMO the only valid comparator is cost per kilometer over the life of the vehicle including energy inputs and maintenance from new through to scrapping of the vehicle. Include in that should be lost opportunity cost of waiting for a charge or any costs like extra overnight stays due to range limitations.

I'm also not a fan of hybrid, having a second drive/control/nanny system(s) to maintain add complexity that I don't figure adds to reliability or reduces life long operating costs. Again, just my unresearched opinion.

The fact that consumers are looking to EV's means the carbon tax is working. Whether a shift to EV's is more beneficial to the consumers over ICE is separate question. There's a lot of $$ in EV's and the whole climate change hysteria.
    For me its age thing mostly. In my sixties I have a 2019 f150 I paid 38,500 for it new —why would I not keep it regardless of the cost of fuel?

Consider a person retires and buys on EV thinking I'm not going to drive much it should last —but I think regardless of mileage the batteries will deplete in relatively the same amount of time weather it sits or not.

I'm certain my ICE will last at least 20yrs. I have a 20 yr old Subaru with around 300,000 on it still runs great. It will fall apart first I think lol

I just can't make any sense to an EV right now. I think there cool and on occasion thought maybe it would be good to own one —but for me it always comes back to batteries and longevity. I think the cost of a EV would do a person far better to invested into something else. (non auto related)

Tesla is laying off ten percent of its staff. Other EV manufacturers are doing the same. This in turn will slow mining, battery manufacturing rippling thru subcontracting all the way down to battery recycling —I don't think carbon tax is the driver. If the gas industry is worried they aren't showing it.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works