Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

I took the fun car out for a bit yesterday and fought the cold, couldn't roll into it under 80 or the tires spun even after driving a while. New gear/trans is first thing next year.
    Cleaned it up inside to get ready for storage and took a family photo. I can't wait to get it painted and re striped and looking presentable again. I don't think I want to stripe the daily

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Which ones the fun car? They both look pretty fun to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

One on the left has 4 less gears that I need to shift myself, makes about half the psi (11lbs I think)
    But has twice as many cylinder and sounds like this
    View My Video
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Which ones the fun car? They both look pretty fun to me.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Put the fox away on the weekend.. put a bunch of km’s on it this year.
    '88 LX

Seems despite massive condemnation of the Harper conservatives for “catering” to corporations. The liberals have now decided that Fiat dosnt actually need to pay back the loan given to chrystler.

Tax payers get to eat the loss.

Also saw something about the Liberals carbon plan not actually doing anything to the biggest polluters. They are apparently exempt though haven’t fully read up on that as of yet.

Ruptured a bicep tendon.....damn that hurt. Told today by the surgeon they don't repair them. Says I will regain full motion and strength in my arm once the swelling and inflammation goes down.

Club Supporter
    They were dead loans from the start - this was basic an accounting entry for uncollectible accounts. It appears neither government had any intention to collect on the loans - they were basically union/jobs bailouts it appears. They should be more transparent about these transactions (both parties) since they are using taxpayer money.

Most of that money was part of a $13.7-billion injection of Canadian taxpayer money into the auto sector after the 2009 global financial meltdown.

These past-due loans are held in the Canada Account, administered by Export Development Canada (EDC), which books high-risk or high-value loans that are backed by the federal government itself rather than by any Crown corporation or federal financing agency.

Some of Ottawa's auto-sector bailout came in the form of Canada Account loans to help wind down bankrupt versions of the two companies — about $220 million to so-called "Old GM" and another $1.3 billion to so-called "Old Chrysler."

New corporate versions
    The remainder of Canada's bailout money was used to help create new corporate versions of both companies, free from the obligations of their former incarnations.

"Neither Canada nor the U.S. expected any of the loans to be recovered from 'Old Chrysler'," says a 2014 Industry Canada accounting of the bailouts, confirming the money injected into bankrupt Chrysler was considered unrecoverable from the very beginning.

And CBC News has obtained internal documents under the Access to Information Act suggesting that at least part of these past-due loans is finally being written off.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    isn't Chrysler profitable? if yes why is the loan forgiven?
    Don't know - have to ask the government that setup the original forgiveable loan.

But Gm paid theirs back no?
    Would mean that it was intended that they would be payed. Read other news articals that said the same. Sounds like deflection of blame to the preivious government.
    I dont buy it.

Club Supporter
    Didn't the government take a loss on GM shares?