Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

tough to get any custom stuff on the road in the PQ had many friends have to sell their custom bikes for the same reason - if the libs where still in power here, I believe this would be the case here as well as they where following the PQ lead on emissions and custom vehicles - don't know the full details but I know its tougher there
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

If one was to do it with all emissions intact / no smoke showing even on light accel, no one would be the wiser n chances are better vs not nothing would ever come of it. MOE guy I talked to some time backed said he sits at the bottom on the on ramps n looks for the smokey tell tail signs stuff has been either removed or disabled.

Foxstang
    I should stock up on fox emissions stuff.

though the emissions rule on swaps was has to comply with the emissions requirement of the motor going in. so say 1980's Cummins would be required to have the 1980's Cummins emissions stuff. or has this changed recently?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    If one was to do it with all emissions intact / no smoke showing even on light accel, no one would be the wiser n chances are better vs not nothing would ever come of it. MOE guy I talked to some time backed said he sits at the bottom on the on ramps n looks for the smokey tell tail signs stuff has been either removed or disabled.
    My desire to "roll coal" has really waned as I get older, so that's not the intention. However I've always loved diesel engines, and miss having the low end torque and capability of one in my life. But modern emissions laden stuff scares the fuck out of me not to mention its Lambo money for new. Ideally a 2003-2005 Cummins truck with the 6spd would fit the bill, but Dodge electronics from the era have let me down before. Also rusttttttttt
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Want to be back in a diesel pickup as well but won't happen for the reasons you've already stated.
    Tq of the hemi will have to be close enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Want to be back in a diesel pickup as well but won't happen for the reasons you've already stated.
    Tq of the hemi will have to be close enough for now.
    Ya. My ideal plan would be to go down south and find the cleanest and nicest 3rd Gen Ram diesel I could find. Swap in a 4th gen interior (because that bolts up) and stock up on oil spray and replacement TIPM's

While hell of a truck, pales in comparison to how comfy n nice newer couple versions drive.

You ain't kidding. When I hop out of my work Sierra 2500 and in to my Ram the difference is the same from going from my Ram to my fathers S-Class.

Amazing how far some of the other mfgs have fallen behind when it comes to interior comfort n ergos.