Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Because I work in construction particularly plaster, I’ve been working 7 days a week and I’m very thankful but I feel like I’m paddling in circles. Everyday is different but at the same time the sane. I feel like I’m not moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Because I work in construction particularly plaster, I’ve been working 7 days a week and I’m very thankful but I feel like I’m paddling in circles. Everyday is different but at the same time the sane. I feel like I’m not moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Construction is a shit show, especially right now. Last two mornings I've been woken up by calls saying our equipment was vandalized/stolen from over night on job sites. Monday morning call was they stole the battery out of our rough terrain forklift and fucked with the wiring. Last night on another site they smashed all the lights on our telehandler and tried to put something in the fuel tank.

Couple this with many guys not wanting to work because you know, pandemic, and difficulty in getting the jobs to begin. Had a number of big ones that were supposed tobe locks not go because of all the unrest in the world right now and businesses afraid of a big economic tailspin. It's a nightmare right now.

Be glad you're working but remember to take time for yourself. Money's no good if you're miserable and you can always find new clients you can't find a new brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

everyone is going loony.

other techs around aren't making calls. seems like I'm the only one working and its busy as fuck. like prime time cottage long weekend busy. except lots of cottages are not opened yet.

still down a delivery guy as he dosnt want to work (wife has lupis so I don't blame him)

but customers are getting ABSURED.

calling repeatedly despite being told we are running behind but doing the best we can. demanding we priotize them over everyone else. no one wants curb side delivery.

just run run run all day then come home and thrash till bed time on the house.

need to get this done so I can chill a bit before I loose my mind.

im thinking rates might be going up.

some people say that gouging.

but supply and demand and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    ...told we are running behind but doing the best we can. demanding we priotize them over everyone else.
    I witnessed this yesterday when I went to get a curb-side pickup from HD. Even tho the store is open, I prefer the curb-side service because I don’t like standing in line.
    They only had one woman working the curbside service, and people were losing their shit, getting out of their cars, giving her a hard time, demanding, etc. My order took 25 minutes from when I parked until when I got my stuff. I just sat in in my truck surfing TMC on my phone.

Lots of assholes out there. And assholes become even BIGGER assholes during times of crisis.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Construction is a shit show, especially right now. Last two mornings I've been woken up by calls saying our equipment was vandalized/stolen from over night on job sites. Monday morning call was they stole the battery out of our rough terrain forklift and fucked with the wiring. Last night on another site they smashed all the lights on our telehandler and tried to put something in the fuel tank.

Couple this with many guys not wanting to work because you know, pandemic, and difficulty in getting the jobs to begin. Had a number of big ones that were supposed tobe locks not go because of all the unrest in the world right now and businesses afraid of a big economic tailspin. It's a nightmare right now.

Be glad you're working but remember to take time for yourself. Money's no good if you're miserable and you can always find new clients you can't find a new brain.
    Having equipment damaged sucks. My company had the windows smashed out of a few pieces one night a while ago. Insurance covered most of it but still, between the deductible and downtime it is still a hit. We also once had all the side glass stolen out of a bobcat. Yep, they unbolted the trim and took the glass. Door stolen off another bobcat, two bobcats stolen. Truck stolen from a guys driveway.

Ok, so that's over 6 years but man that is a lot of stolen and damaged stuff. And that's not including all the times that someone has poked around machines without damaging them when they sit at site for snow clearing.

As for asshole customers yeah, my company no longer deals with the public for a reason. I think everyone should work a retail or public facing job at some point. I wound up running a landscape supply yard in my 30s after my previous industry took a massive dive and I needed a job. It really gave me a new appreciation of what people deal with and how awful some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post

Laffs I'm sure the pandemic is having an affect on your business, but the thefts and vandalism in our area is through the roof! Nothing is sacred.

Even out my way, in the county, it's incredible what disappears overnight. Construction sites, even new residential, require security guards, which is not viable economically.

Yea in the interim we're floating all our equipment back to the yard every night. Costly but down time is costlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Running into product shortages , haven’t seen it like this before . Ac’s are out of stock with many suppliers.

Running into same thing here John, started a few weeks ago.

While on road manners by many are anything but polite or safe, anyone else noticing the "crazies" have stepped it up a notch or twenty as traffic is building?