Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

so update,

after a week the police are "done" with my truck, though it fell on me to clean all the crap out of it that wasn't ours, five or six different purses and back packs. all stolen from different people,

kinda good news bad news good news, annoying news
    the good news is they arrested two people, the bad news is they chased those people in my truck threw fields to catch them, the other good news is after they ditched the truck the police tracked them with the dogs and one of the guys was bit, the annoying news is he was still healing from the dog bites he received the last time he was arrested for stealing cars.

truck will be on its way to the dealer body shop so they can clean it up and get a good look over it, but im not happy and gearing up for a fight with insurance who has already informed me that due to the value of the truck they will not be writing it off they will fix what ever is wrong with it. (the adjuster informed me of this before even looking at the truck)

what I know from my 10 min inspection.

interior is nasty, spilled dirty bong water all over the place, its full of cigarette butts and ashes, they ripped panels off the inside and messed with some of the computer boxes (would assume trying to turn off the location system that I was trying to get activated)
    they wrote on the leather seats with something, might be lipstick, might be marker, not sure yet,

exterior has scratches and dents on pretty much every panel. front bumper is damaged, rear bumper is damaged, (insurance guy was like, "well the little dents and scratches were there already right?" told him no fing way truck was brand new and spotless when they stole it.

two big things that concern me is they obviously jumped a ditch or something, there is giant chunks of mud jammed up into the front suspesion and frame, and the tail gate was popped out of the holder on the bottom right side, so the frame and box flexed enough to casue that when they did what ever it was they did,

they also used my big 3 inch tow strap to try to pull or unstick something, yanked on it so hard (peddel down and slamm im assuming) that they broke the strap, hence the damage to the rear bumper.
    dealer already told me this insurance company wont pay to put it on a frame rack and make sure everyting is still square.

tires wore down, obviuos burnouts and hard driving.

wosrt thing is these bastardes put more kms on the truck than i had. it was just over 2500km when they stole it, now it sits with 5930kms.

they put 3000 kms of beat the shit out of it driving on my brand new truck in a week.

insurence told us if it wasnt found in the first week they would pay out. that would have been the wednesday, the police arrested them tuesday night at 11:30, and we have been a week and a half waiting on them becasue the arresting officer was away and aparently no one else at that office works,

the police who took the original call also didnt put it in the system as stolen because the london police called my wife thinking she had stollen gas from a station. she told them the truck was stollen and they said they ran the plates and it wasnt stollen and she sould maybe just go pay the gastation the money so it dosnt have to escalate, she had to send them the police report number before they would beleaver her.

so 100% un impressed with the police involvment. we found my wife's wallet in front of a business the day the truck was stolen, they stopped and rooted threw it right in front of a security camera. we informed the police and they didnt even bother to follow up.

no wonder this is such an ongoing issue and the guy they arrested had just been released from jail and the first thing he did was go on another stealing spree.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 07-15-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Leased through Ford? Bet they don't want it back either, be sure to get them involved in the process.

talked to the dealer they said no worries insurance repairs wont affect you buy out, it only affects the resale when I try and trade it back in

Tell the insurance you want to be compensated for diminished value.

stangstevers
    It sucks that being a victim to car theft is such a pain in the ass - you get robbed by a low life, then you get robbed by insurance. The least they could do is kill the thieves... why do we not have death penalty? I seriously do NOT understand why people want to keep bad people alive? A bullet to the head is cheap, easy, and makes society better. Steel a truck, dead! Simple, everyone wins. I wish we were in the wild west and allowed to carry guns.

these people are noting but a cost to society and tax payers, just a circle of theft and jail time, and if you try and defend your property you get turned in to the villain by the courts and the media.

stangstevers
    I think the "silent majority" are about to hit the breaking point. Right now all you hear are the leftist snowflakes because they're the most vocal about hurt feelings, protecting criminals and strange minority agendas (by that I mean the opposite of Spock's saying - The needs to the few outweigh the needs of the many). Once we reach that boiling point I think we will start seeing the scaling back of such "hug a thug - kill the enemy and they win" thinking, first with electing politicians that make no room for such idiocy and ignore what snowflakes are crying about.

If that doesn't fix it, riots and taking the law into their own hands.

One heck of a World Cup final yesterday, in spite of falling short, Croatia did themselves proud.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    It sucks that being a victim to car theft is such a pain in the ass - you get robbed by a low life, then you get robbed by insurance. The least they could do is kill the thieves... why do we not have death penalty? I seriously do NOT understand why people want to keep bad people alive? A bullet to the head is cheap, easy, and makes society better. Steel a truck, dead! Simple, everyone wins. I wish we were in the wild west and allowed to carry guns.
    Steve you are correct the laws in this country really do need an overhaul.The punishment does not fit the crime these days.

the shooting sprees we have had here is a simple fix.....possession of a gun punishable with a min 10 yr sentence.... MINIMUM!!!!! your caught your done!! thats it thats all

when someone kills 16 hockey players and gets out on $1000 bail U KNOW THE SYSTEM IS FCUKED!!!!!!!
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by trickflow-jay View Post
    Steve you are correct the laws in this country really do need an overhaul.The punishment does not fit the crime these days.

the shooting sprees we have had here is a simple fix.....possession of a gun punishable with a min 10 yr sentence.... MINIMUM!!!!! your caught your done!! thats it thats all

when someone kills 16 hockey players and gets out on $1000 bail U KNOW THE SYSTEM IS FCUKED!!!!!!!
    The funny thing is, a thug can break into houses, get caught and spend a night in jail or kill someone and out in the streets in a few years... if someone with NO criminal record, has a job, pays taxes, has a family and kills someone who broke into their house, you can bet they will get life in prison and treated like some sort of hitler 2.0 for ridding us of a lowlife in the process of protecting a family.

Laws are nuts and meant to protect the criminals.