Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,541

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Touchy subject.

How about protecting your home and family with a legal gun?
    I think if it can be proven that someone was committing a crime and you were defending yourself then that should be grounds for acquittal. There has to be differentiation between this and just shooting someone who rings your doorbell (maybe because they have a different skin colour like has happened in the US in the past).

stangstevers
    Do thieves use doorbells though? I guess for some home invasions they could?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Don't forgot those who litter... throw a coffee cup out the car window... bang. dead! lol
    I don't think the earlier post differentiated between laws broken (ie. municipal by-law versus broader laws), so why not. It would eventually bring down real estate prices to more affordable levels.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Do thieves use doorbells though? I guess for some home invasions they could?
    There have been cases in the US (mostly south) where people have been shot when they were seeking help (ie. lost, car broken down), and the court cases indicated this but acquitted - these were all in "stand your ground" states.

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Those folks in the last pic are not so innocent - they commonly look a lot like this guy so that same bullet to the head should apply to them as well for hurting their middle class animals: (Paulo Raposo, 18, had frequently kicked, dragged and burned his dog, Bella. Raposo was later charged with cruelty to animals).
    People who torture animals have more serious mental issues and it's not a big stretch to transition from animals to other humans.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been cases in the US (mostly south) where people have been shot when they were seeking help (ie. lost, car broken down), and the court cases indicated this but acquitted - these were all in "stand your ground" states.
    really... so like

knock knock... "sorry to bother my car broke down and..." BANG

Jebus! Are there any sane places to live anymore? Maybe move to the north pole or something...

I think if it can be proven that someone was committing a crime and you were defending yourself then that should be grounds for acquittal. There has to be differentiation between this and just shooting someone who rings your doorbell (maybe because they have a different skin colour like has happened in the US in the past).
    A guy in the Hamilton area woke up to someone stealing his truck , he shot him dead with a shotgun . Went to trial just recently and he was acquitted of all charges

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4723854

not saying this has never happed but I don't think its a often as you make it out to be,

most peoples reaction to a door bell or knocking isn't to open fire.

unless its like the cases of police brutality and racism that were so prevalent until the body cams started proving them lies

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyzag420 View Post
    A guy in the Hamilton area woke up to someone stealing his truck , he shot him dead with a shotgun . Went to trial just recently and he was acquitted of all charges

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4723854
    I saw that - seems to be the appropriate verdict in the end. Same goes for the case out west last month.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    not saying this has never happed but I don't think its a often as you make it out to be,

most peoples reaction to a door bell or knocking isn't to open fire.

unless its like the cases of police brutality and racism that were so prevalent until the body cams started proving them lies
    Not that frequent but a dead human being is a dead human being. Last I recall was back about 5 years ago in Detroit - I think the homeowner went to prison but not sure how long for. There was a black kid shot at when he knocked on a door to ask for directions to school (missed his bus) a couple months ago - I think this was also in Michigan but not sure what charges were laid because the homeowner missed the kid.
    https://thinkprogress.org/homeowner-...-cdd68a9a9b32/

I guess it's not just Michigan and Texas it happens although those water heater and furnace people and roofers coming to your door can be annoying so having a gun would be a great way to chase them away.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/04/04/...-door-to-door/

stangstevers
    Door to door selling should be illegal as well as soliciting religions/cults door to door.