Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well, i sure didn't expect that

well, i sure didn't expect that

In February, we spent 3 weeks in Florida. I had some circulation problems, with bubbles of liquid forming on my legs, and both legs swelling. I had seen the doctor both before and after the trip and the advice was to cut back on salt and lose weight. Of course, while in Florida, we had only eaten restaurant food, which are usually prepared with lots of salt, so that didn't help.
    Upon our return, i started eating better, joined a gym two weeks ago and dropped 20 pounds. The swelling went down and i was feeling better
    .this past Wednesday, i was doing my daily routine. at 8:45 i walked my grandson down the driveway.
    After the school bus picked him up, i turned to the mailbox to pick up the mail, and bent down to scoop up my newspaper.
    Something like a half hour later, i "woke up" in the emergency dept of the local hospital, "Southlake"
    in Newmarket. I was sitting in a chair, with a different jacket on, shivering and cold, and wondering what was happening.
    Apparently a neighbour saw me lying in a puddle at the foot of my gravel driveway. He apparently checked to see if i was breathing then went towards the house, at which moment my 15 year old grand daughter came out to where i was I supposed to drive her to high school
    Thereupon, my wife Rhonda called 911. The ambulance was there in mere moments. The paramedic's found me lucid, able to say my name address and birth date, but they took me to the hospital anyway.
    The weird thing is that i have absolutely no memory at all of the time between the mailbox and the emergency room. none at all.
    I had no warning, no indications, no shortness of breath. no memory loss, absolutely nothing to indicate anything like this could happen.

By Thursday night, it was determined that i needed a pacemaker "installed". It was scheduled for noon on friday and i was told no food or drinks, even water for 12 hours prior. Well, that went by the wayside, as the procedure didn't happen till 6:30 pm. I was ravenous, to say the least.
    At any rate, the pacemaker was inserted, and the nurse brought me a turkey sandwich,
    After meeting with the cardiologist, i was sent home in time for lunch, No heavy lifting or exercises for a month and no raising my arm over my head. no driving for a week. I have to go to a clinic next week, but that's it.

Guys, especially you older ones; please note: this came completely out of the blue. pure dumb luck that i was in my driveway when it happened, and not driving. I had no indications, no thoughts of heart problems. no idea at all.
    So watch yourselves, and maybe get a checkup!
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

wow —so lucky you where able to get help right away. Take it easy and get well soon!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    Sounds like a possible close call - glad you're on the mend.

Speedy Recovery Steve ! if you need something just HOLLER.
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

All the best for a complete and speedy recovery.

You still get a printed newspaper delivered!?!?

Get well soon Steve.
    -Don____________

Damn. That was scary. Glad that they found out what happened to you and you are on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    You still get a printed newspaper delivered!?!?

Get well soon Steve.
    one of life's little pleasures
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

I can understand your feelings. Kinda the same when I had my strokes.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Scary Shit.
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)