Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Foxstang
    According to the rules, any road with 80kmh or less speed limits can have radar installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    According to the rules, any road with 80kmh or less speed limits can have radar installed.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    Not sure it will be that widespread - as much it's called a cash cow, the cameras (speed and red light versions) are pretty expensive plus there's the maintenance, etc. I was asking our mayor (Caledon and Region of Peel) last winter about transport trucks speeding and running red lights and all the accidents on Highway 50 at certain intersections, and they have been waffling about the cost of the cameras, ROI, and funding them (I think they have to allocate the capex but the ticketing revenue goes somewhere else (it's all accounting entries but apparently it's not as simple as co-mingling capex/revenue funds as it would appear. It is probably easier for them to use a "save the children" argument (not that this is a bad thing since there are people who still speed through school zones) to justify the capex approval in the municipal property tax increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Totally off topic but I know you know a thing or 2 about cams. I was looking into doing stage 3 comp cams. Do you know anything about them ? I was looking them up on YouTube. I like the sound but do you know how the performance is ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally unfamiliar with the stages but are those the 272 duration ones aka the 272AH? If so I thought they were way more max effort NA than boost suited. Also they require the heads to come off and pistons be notched/replaced for PTV clearance. Also they have like a 112 LSA which is what gives you the lopey idle but less than ideal for boost. I think the MHS max effort SC cam is around a 115LSA

Think we had this discussion before, selecting cams based on Youtube videos is like selecting your wife off Instagram posts. Ya it's gonna seem awesome at first but in long run all you're going to have left is less money and more headaches. I'd talk to one of our sponsor shops about your goals and budget and let them build you a package that can meet them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Am I too easy?

I sold a set of tires on Facebook. I said in the ads first line that the treads had cracks in them. Then I took pics of the cracks on every tire and put them in the ad. Only asking $100 for 4 LT snow tires with 75% tread. I figure they are good for farm use or something like that. When the guy showed up I showed him the cracks. He still bought them. That was Sunday. Today he messages me saying the tires are cracked and no one will install them. He wants his money back.

Not sure how this is my problem but I sent him his money and told him to toss the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Am I too easy?

I sold a set of tires on Facebook. I said in the ads first line that the treads had cracks in them. Then I took pics of the cracks on every tire and put them in the ad. Only asking $100 for 4 LT snow tires with 75% tread. I figure they are good for farm use or something like that. When the guy showed up I showed him the cracks. He still bought them. That was Sunday. Today he messages me saying the tires are cracked and no one will install them. He wants his money back.

Not sure how this is my problem but I sent him his money and told him to toss the tires.
    Nicely done, respect.

Snowblower got some love today. New scraper blade, fresh pair of slider shoes (thanks again Stephen), greased and an oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Snowblower got some love today. New scraper blade, fresh pair of slider shoes (thanks again Stephen), greased and an oil change.

Glad I could help.

Seems old blade really had seen better days, was worn within 1/4" - 3/8" of the mounting bolt holes. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk