Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Well, I’m going to get on with my day before this thread gets locked. It’s my favourite thread because of the thread author.
    What did I say that warrants locking the thread?

Post whatever is on your mind!!

In my area Halton Police Chief made a statement regarding random Police Checks policy during this Covid 3rd wave

We’ll see.....

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

They don't have the manpower and they are not interested in stopping random cars to find out if they are doing some horrible crime such as going for a drive. Kudos for him to have the balls to say it publicly.

Club Supporter
    Pretty much all the police forces across the province are making this statement - see this Twitter thread. I don't think the intention of the new measures were for random stops as the reasons to be out are pretty broad in the Act - maybe in the wee hours of the night when nothing is open but then that will look like a RIDE stop. Looks like some follow-up changes are pending to clarify/pullback (possible) these powers on paper and lessen the restrictions on outdoor activity.

https://twitter.com/mattgurney/statu...51399144660995
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 04-17-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Club Supporter
    Idiots like these are part of the problem - not many masks in this crowd. They had another in Clifton Hill near the Falls today and same thing....bunch of anti-maskers and likely anti-vac'ers too. I hope licence suspensions go along with the tickets (if not paid on time).

Club Supporter
    Announcement tonight. Newbie can go out again......

Ontario reversed course on sweeping new police powers Saturday, just one day after Premier Doug Ford announced the measures that triggered a swift and furious backlash.

Officers will no longer have the right to stop any pedestrian or driver to ask why they’re out or request their home address, Solicitor General Sylvia Jones said in a written statement on Saturday evening.

Instead, she said, police will only be able to stop people who they have reason to believe are participating in an “organized public event or social gathering.”

As the number of people infected with COVID-19 in hospital reached record levels, Ford tweeted that another of the measures would also be reversed.

“Ontario’s enhanced restrictions were always intended to stop large gatherings where spread can happen,” Ford said. “Our regulations will be amended to allow playgrounds, but gatherings outside will still be enforced.”

Civil libertarians and pundits attacked new anti-pandemic restrictions announced Friday by Ford as misguided, saying the added police powers aimed at enforcing stay-at-home orders were overkill.

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association welcomed Saturday’s reversal.

“The new order rationalizes and narrows the unconstitutional Friday standard. The new standard is also tied to a public health objective, and avoids arbitrary detention,” said Michael Bryant, executive director of the CCLA.

Ahead of the reversal, large and small police forces across the province said they had no intention of exercising their newfound powers.

Andrew Fletcher, chief of the South Simcoe Police Service, said officers would only act on complaints. Police forces from Thunder Bay to Ottawa to Toronto and Woodstock expressed similar positions.

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Announcement tonight. Newbie can go out again......

Ontario reversed course on sweeping new police powers Saturday, just one day after Premier Doug Ford announced the measures that triggered a swift and furious backlash.

Officers will no longer have the right to stop any pedestrian or driver to ask why they’re out or request their home address, Solicitor General Sylvia Jones said in a written statement on Saturday evening.

Instead, she said, police will only be able to stop people who they have reason to believe are participating in an “organized public event or social gathering.”

As the number of people infected with COVID-19 in hospital reached record levels, Ford tweeted that another of the measures would also be reversed.

“Ontario’s enhanced restrictions were always intended to stop large gatherings where spread can happen,” Ford said. “Our regulations will be amended to allow playgrounds, but gatherings outside will still be enforced.”

Civil libertarians and pundits attacked new anti-pandemic restrictions announced Friday by Ford as misguided, saying the added police powers aimed at enforcing stay-at-home orders were overkill.

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association welcomed Saturday’s reversal.

“The new order rationalizes and narrows the unconstitutional Friday standard. The new standard is also tied to a public health objective, and avoids arbitrary detention,” said Michael Bryant, executive director of the CCLA.

Ahead of the reversal, large and small police forces across the province said they had no intention of exercising their newfound powers.

Andrew Fletcher, chief of the South Simcoe Police Service, said officers would only act on complaints. Police forces from Thunder Bay to Ottawa to Toronto and Woodstock expressed similar positions.
    Lol! Richard.

Now if only my curfew and pre approval of destination can be reversed

Peak-a-boo

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

So for some reason my new Sony tv wouldn’t play titles from Prime Video using the native tv app, I can choose a title but it wouldn’t play them. I could watch Amazon using my Xbox but not the tv. The tv is wired using Ethernet cable. However, if unplugged the Ethernet cable and used wifi, Prime Video plays titles. So I went into my router and added the wifi and wired Mac addresses to the list and gave them specific IP addresses and turned on dual WAN. Works fine now with a wired connection. So frustrating.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx