Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Thanking God my son is ok. House he and a friend renting caught fire last night. Basement is done and smoke damage killed main floor. Shit can be replaced, soooooo happy both got out safe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn, that's scary!! Glad to hear everyone escaped without injury Jeff.

Just got back from being in Niagara falls since Wednesday... a nice holiday
    Helicopter = must do if you never have been on one. Very very very cool.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Been there, done that, got the photos... was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Just got back from being in Niagara falls since Wednesday... a nice holiday
    Their is a place just down the street from my house, National Helicopters, that does maintenance on helicopters. Before covid, they had a yearly open house and offered rides in one of their copters. Several years ago, Celeste and I paid for a ride. It was really cool to see your home, and neighbourhood from the air.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Their is a place just down the street from my house, National Helicopters, that does maintenance on helicopters. Before covid, they had a yearly open house and offered rides in one of their copters. Several years ago, Celeste and I paid for a ride. It was really cool to see your home, and neighbourhood from the air.
    Did that as well - pretty cool to fly over your house and town.

If you get the opportunity to take a ride in a helicopter, totally worth it. What a unique experience.

When we got married, my wife and I took a helicopter tour of Kauai. Flew up the valley where they film filmed the opening sequence to Jurassic park, then up the Nepali Coast.

-Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    If you get the opportunity to take a ride in a helicopter, totally worth it. What a unique experience.

When we got married, my wife and I took a helicopter tour of Kauai. Flew up the valley where they film filmed the opening sequence to Jurassic park, then up the Nepali Coast.

And how many dinosaurs did you see?
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

So after reading on various other forums that catbacks can be installed on jack stands, just have to get the car high enough, I decided to try it yesterday. Started after noon and finished up after 8pm. It should have only took a few hours. Once I got the car high enough on 2 ton jack stands, the over axle pipes were easy to come out and the Magnaflows even easier as they have less bends. Going from stock 2.25” to 2.5” over axle pipes. To get everything swapped out was easy. The hard part was adjusting the tips to not touch the bumper, that was the most time consuming. There’s not much adjustment in the system. There’s only a rotating adjustment as the over axle pipes and muffler slip onto each other. Can’t do up and down, left or right. Just rotate the system. I got the tips to be about 0.25” away from the bumper and any movement won’t touch the bumper. Got it to the best I could do while working alone. If I could get it onto a lift I could probably adjust it better but for now it’s safe that it shouldn’t melt the rear diffuser. The provided band clamps suck. Single bolt band clamp were trash. One bolt broke while torquing to 40ft/lbs. Had the wife go to Canadian Tire and get me double bolt band clamps that were so much better and also stainless steel. So much better than the ones Magnaflow provided. Tightening the muffler to the pipes was the last thing I needed to do so was pissed the clamps broke. So I torqued everything else down to the requirements while I waited for the wife to come back. Once I got everything tightened up I cleaned up all dirt and grease from the exhaust, especially the polished tips. Went for a quick drive, pretty sure I annoyed the neighbours because it’s loud. The Magnaflow Competition is basically a straight pipe. I’ll post more pics when it stops raining.

A61BDD27-5186-4E25-9B54-24E0E15E8A1D.jpeg
    B839EF79-1B1D-48F8-8E4A-15A44C78FCB8.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    And how many dinosaurs did you see?
    You have to take the Jeep tour for that.
    -Don____________