https://www.kisstimmins.com/2019/12/...pen-next-week/
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ?
    It’s pretty much the definition of a battery.

Like the idea of a powerwall.

Store your solar panel power and/or charge the wall during non-peak hours to use whenever you want.
    I think they were setting this up for Canada about 2 or 3 years ago so i think it's up and running here now since then. Annette Verschuren (former Home Depot Canada CEO was developing strategy for Canadian market at the time via NRStor Inc.). Expensive but they were not at scale at the time/now but price will drop with scale as with most things. It's not just residential but also industrial, commercial, and utilities).

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    He’s not charging at the right place.
    The Tesla charging station near me is free!
    Tesla will not be forcing anyone to pay for a few more years.
    Tesla charging is not free unless you have a model s or model x otherwise it is pay per use. I charged (at a tesla supercharger) a model 3 up to around 290 km range and it cost 14.30.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ?
    Itís pretty much the definition of a battery.

Like the idea of a powerwall.

Store your solar panel power and/or charge the wall during non-peak hours to use whenever you want.
    my understanding of this is for backup power when the grid goes down and doesn't have a long life (when I say long life, can't take too many recharges) but it's made out to be glamourous - it may have been improved - still have yet to see one - it seems to work more like the rechargeable boosters for your car battery - they have a lot of ideas but not much success with many of them or getting them to market eg, solar shingles - there is solar glass available in Europe (that excites me) and right now seems like the cats ass of current (pardon the pun) - I've also read about solar roofing materials in Europe.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    my understanding of this is for backup power when the grid goes down and doesn't have a long life (when I say long life, can't take too many recharges) but it's made out to be glamourous - it may have been improved - still have yet to see one - it seems to work more like the rechargeable boosters for your car battery - they have a lot of ideas but not much success with many of them or getting them to market eg, solar shingles - there is solar glass available in Europe (that excites me) and right now seems like the cats ass of current (pardon the pun) - I've also read about solar roofing materials in Europe.
    10-year warranty? I guess if the product has a low number of cycles they just replace it periodically? Not sure that's a sound business model.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    10-year warranty? I guess if the product has a low number of cycles they just replace it periodically? Not sure that's a sound business model.
    no - I read about people using them in their homes in the USA didn't seem to happy with it and very expensive - Europe is light years ahead of North America in regards to sustained energy
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    he was charging from home...
    If owned a Tesla Iíd likely use it for local runs. If I did, until they start requiring payment, Iíd always charge at the supercharging station. I think itís an 85% charge is 30 minutes. While charging walk to the Timmieís or the A&W, do my washroom business and then go home. Wouldnít cost me anything as Iím always at Timmieís! lol

The big screen in the car has an app to show where The supercharging stations are.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Tesla charging is not free unless you have a model s or model x otherwise it is pay per use. I charged (at a tesla supercharger) a model 3 up to around 290 km range and it cost 14.30.
    There is no method of paying at the station near me. Just back in and plug in.
    No where to put a credit card, no one supervising.

I’ll be there tomorrow so I will check.