Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Yep just googled it myself. Probably not what TMC wants to be known for. Certainly doesn't encourage any women to join.

Toronto Autoshow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRod View Post

Whys the keyword show hot? Like it defaults to that?

Not sure? Was brought to my attention when I was at work...yes, I was warned.

Club Supporter
    CRA cracks down on undeclared tips for restaurant and bar staff

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle38025478/

A surge of tax audits of staff at one of Prince Edward Island's most predominant hospitality groups illustrates the growing efficiency of the Canada Revenue Agency's tools for tackling formerly hard-to-pin down tip income and the growing risk to those who don't declare it.

Dozens of staff at PEI's Murphy Hospitality Group – possibly as many as 200, management says – received letters from the Canada Revenue Agency in January, accusing them of low-balling the gratuities they earned in 2014 and 2015. The agency is claiming some individuals failed to declare as much as tens of thousands of dollars – and is asking for back taxes on it, with potential further financial penalties of up to half of what's owed. A number of service staff reached out to The Globe and Mail to signal their frustration with what they believe was a sudden shift in the CRA's enforcement tactics.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I hate the CRA. How can they prove undeclared tips? They're like curious sharks who take a bite out of a surfer thinking it's a seal. They may be wrong but they don't leave without taking a bite out of you.

Not the CRA but another example of getting shafted (this time MOT). I genuinely paid $1300 for my current beater, got taxed at $2300.
    Heard more examples of that recently than in years past. All these agencies are upping their tax collections.

Not the CRA but another example of getting shafted (this time MOT). I genuinely paid $1300 for my current beater, got taxed at $2300.
    Next time get a mobile appraiser, cost about $20-40. This goes for anyone buying a used vehicle privately, best way not to get dinged heavily on the tax.

I hate the CRA. How can they prove undeclared tips? They're like curious sharks who take a bite out of a surfer thinking it's a seal. They may be wrong but they don't leave without taking a bite out of you.

Problem is that once CRA accuses you it is up to you to defend......how do you prove you didn't get something you didn't get????

Spring is here and I don't care who says differently, plus temps for the next 2 weeks.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

it's nice to see salt coming off the truck instead of onto it.
    -Don____________