Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Finished paint and cleanup on my younger sons room after taking out all the panelling. Looks so much better. Just a few bits of trim left but they are coming home from the cottage tomorrow so that'll wait until they go back next week.

Foxstang
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I think the stats on people moving out of urban areas to remote places have the people returning within 3 years. That's about the max on "Netflix and Chill" I guess.

Hard to tell about conspiracy theorists. Denial of Russian election interference sure looked like a conspiracy theory. Nowadays you need the lasso of truth, x-ray vision for BS merit badge before you can declare something a conspiracy.
    What I find fascinating and scary is that some conspiracy theories make more sense than the supposed truth. Especially around this whole pandemic.

E85 fuel coming to the gas pumps in Ontario very soon.

For those that don't know E85 is fuel that is made from corn and burns cold in your engine, that means more timing. Running E85 during a hot August day your motor will think it's October so your ET's won't drop off as much during those very hot summer days.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Your local speed shop and mechanic (I'm sure this applies to many other businesses as well).

They want and need your business and no they aren't blowing you off on either supplying parts or services. Parts that would normally be available right down the street simply aren't on any shelf anywhere right now. In many cases a mfg makes the bulk of their product in house but a supplier to them for say hardware or a one of part is either shut down or sitting waiting for a long since overdue order to come in. As such, those selling / installing parts look like the bad guy when they tell you it's going to be a long wait. Perhaps the business your in is running normally, be thankful because many are upside down right now scrambling to look after you the very best they can.

Got an immediate pm asking if it's just performance related parts, I wish. Two weeks ago, not an outter wheel bearing to be had for a 2500 Chev van. Day before it was no one had rebuilt calipers for a 99 up Mustang. Fortunately we deal with a local small rebuilder. While thanking him for fixing us up within a couple of hours, said he has no idea how long he'll be open as bulk of the rebuilding parts (mainly rubber seals) come from offshore, hasn't seen a shipment since early in the year. Premium brake pads we use on daily drivers, last two jobs, had to settle for what was available vs what we want. Performance parts, still waiting on a pile of stuff from MM for Ross's car, wheel spacers for my own, no idea how long, are normally available locally same day.

Just to add to Rick's post, if you're looking for parts and the store has it available grab it because it might not be available for a while. The manufacturers are running out of parts to sell and are very behind in building new ones. Then add the shipping speed at which everything is moving these days and it isn't fun, I know I'm getting tired of telling my customers "your parts are on it's way".

Even the Lund Racing tunes are taking a bit longer because they are so backed up with tunes, hang in there everyone we're living in some of the craziest times ever.
    Barone Performance

I hear ya, Rick...While the Cobra was in the shop having the AC worked on, condenser came in but, the low pressure switch was nowhere to be had. Luckily, they were able to repair it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    E85 fuel coming to the gas pumps in Ontario very soon.

For those that don't know E85 is fuel that is made from corn and burns cold in your engine, that means more timing. Running E85 during a hot August day your motor will think it's October so your ET's won't drop off as much during those very hot summer days.

Have more info on that Lou?
    Be cool if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    I hear ya, Rick...While the Cobra was in the shop having the AC worked on, condenser came in but, the low pressure switch was nowhere to be had. Luckily, they were able to repair it.
    Exactly what I'm getting at, in middle of a straight forward one day job, need one unexpected part to complete, not available or day or ten to get.

Been waiting almost 2 months for MM k-member and roll bar for customers, imagine being the that customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Got an immediate pm asking if it's just performance related parts, I wish. Two weeks ago, not an outter wheel bearing to be had for a 2500 Chev van. Day before it was no one had rebuilt calipers for a 99 up Mustang. Fortunately we deal with a local small rebuilder. While thanking him for fixing us up within a couple of hours, said he has no idea how long he'll be open as bulk of the rebuilding parts (mainly rubber seals) come from offshore, hasn't seen a shipment since early in the year. Premium brake pads we use on daily drivers, last two jobs, had to settle for what was available vs what we want. Performance parts, still waiting on a pile of stuff from MM for Ross's car, wheel spacers for my own, no idea how long, are normally available locally same day.
    Barone Performance