Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,500

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

CDEAF2F0-85F8-4BFC-A0CE-8C5128B84140.jpeg

Happy 10th birthday Phil.

Club Supporter
    Happy Birthday to Phil!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Jesus Christ. We just got the notice for renewal on one of our mortgages.

It’s a smaller one used to build the shop. We only took a short term pre covid to get it rolling and the the plan was to just extend until the other mortgage was up for renewal as well and roll them in together.

My monthly payment is now double.

There is seriously a lot of people gonna be hurting in the near future. When this shit hits

Saving grace is half the shop space it storage for work and the rent still covered it. But so much for the extra we were rolling into investments.

Update. that lender wanted 10% told them to pound salt. our Mortgage lady got us switched to a different lender. 5.39%, still a far cry from what it used to be but far far better than 10.

pay attention guys. just make sure your checking what people are wanting to sign you up for.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Update. that lender wanted 10% told them to pound salt. our Mortgage lady got us switched to a different lender. 5.39%, still a far cry from what it used to be but far far better than 10.

pay attention guys. just make sure your checking what people are wanting to sign you up for.
    I’m so glad we re-upped a year early in 2021. Still have just over 3 years left, hopefully the rates have started to go back down by then.

Quote Originally Posted by 1quikgt View Post
    I’m so glad we re-upped a year early in 2021. Still have just over 3 years left, hopefully the rates have started to go back down by then.
    4 year mandate, last re-up Sept 20/21. It'll take months for new budgetary policy. I'd guess more of the same or worse until spring 2026

Just built a franken-motor out of our spare Honda GX390 and Powerfist parts. It runs but it feels like I've created a sin against nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Just built a franken-motor out of our spare Honda GX390 and Powerfist parts. It runs but it feels like I've created a sin against nature.
    We've done that at work too. They seem to last ok, or at least as long as the power fist do. We've done the math a few times and keep going back to power fist motors, they last half as long but cost a third so it works out. Our mechanic picks up a spare whenever they are on sale.

We did our mortgage last March. Locked in 5 year fixed at 2.89%. Having solid jobs and excellent credit (850+) helped.

Quote Originally Posted by IanGTCS View Post
    We've done that at work too. They seem to last ok, or at least as long as the power fist do. We've done the math a few times and keep going back to power fist motors, they last half as long but cost a third so it works out. Our mechanic picks up a spare whenever they are on sale.

We did our mortgage last March. Locked in 5 year fixed at 2.89%. Having solid jobs and excellent credit (850+) helped.
    During COVID we starting buying the Chinese motors because finding Honda replacement parts was near impossible. Our findings mimic yours, the guys treat the equipment like utter shit so the labour and parts to repair Hondas is greater than the cost to just slap a Powerfist/Predator/whatever in there and let it eat until they starve it of oil or send it off the roof. On average we kill a 390 equivalent every 3 months, a 140 every 2 months. I have a lock up with about 3 spares of each on standby and do the sale game like you guys.

The franken motor I made is for a hot tar kettle, has a difference reduction crank than any of my spares hence the experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    During COVID we starting buying the Chinese motors because finding Honda replacement parts was near impossible. Our findings mimic yours, the guys treat the equipment like utter shit so the labour and parts to repair Hondas is greater than the cost to just slap a Powerfist/Predator/whatever in there and let it eat until they starve it of oil or send it off the roof. On average we kill a 390 equivalent every 3 months, a 140 every 2 months. I have a lock up with about 3 spares of each on standby and do the sale game like you guys.

The franken motor I made is for a hot tar kettle, has a difference reduction crank than any of my spares hence the experiment.
    Is it possible to carrot and stick the crew? Incentive (bonus) for extending life beyond 3 months. Everyone would need to co-operate for the bonus and self police.

The point being create to a situation that incentivises treating equipment with care, and creates a self policing situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Is it possible to carrot and stick the crew? Incentive (bonus) for extending life beyond 3 months. Everyone would need to co-operate for the bonus and self police.

The point being create to a situation that incentivises treating equipment with care, and creates a self policing situation.
    Extremely hard to instill that level of personal responsibility with 50+ guys running the machines, moving the machines, across a variety of job sites. Plus as much as I give them shit for beating the machines up, they are doing a really really rough job in adverse weather conditions, on dangerous work sites so things can get over looked.

Often times that blown up $900 motor comes from pushing so hard they save a full days crew labour which is a massive savings.

My only unforgiveable sin is being rough on your work truck. There's no excuse for beating up a truck only you and maybe one other guy are responsible for. For example catching someone spraying ether/quickstart in one of the newer dumps because they forgot to plug in the block heater is an automatic one day unpaid vacation, second offense is a week, third is a no expenses paid permanent trip to anywhere but here.