Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,513

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Sorry to hear about your back Don. I know how you feel.

Red Green, North of Forty: “Let's face it, these days, if you're not young, you're old. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together."

Funny/sad thing is I just recovered from mid/upper back pain right before track day. Now, right ‘back’ into it with lower back pain. Oy.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    It was recycling day. I assume somebody threw them out and they either fell out of the truck, or the garbage man tossed them in disgust.

What does one do so many “orbees”?

Made a real mess of my shop vac filter. The beads exploded as the got sucked up. Ended up with a bin of goo.
    I think you need to contact the mayor's wife - think her names is Tory, yeah that's its Tory Spelling from Degrassi Street on the east end...lol or was that 8090210 road...?
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    It was recycling day. I assume somebody threw them out and they either fell out of the truck, or the garbage man tossed them in disgust.

What does one do so many “orbees”?

Made a real mess of my shop vac filter. The beads exploded as the got sucked up. Ended up with a bin of goo.

Orbeez.....

My first work term at UW was at Western Foundry (now Wescast). There was a engineering challenge there to determine how far a human could walk across molten steel. They factored in such things as the buoyancy of a human in molten steel and the melting point of bone. They figured you could run across the surface of one of the melting furnaces and survive.

Needless to say, I did not write my work term report on this thesis.
    Last edited by RedSN; 09-20-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    -Don____________

Picking up the paper wrapped in a plastic bag at the end of the driveway the neighbour asked, "I hear bag pipes? and it's been regular this past two weeks." Jokingly I said " Oh that's Peter, the boyfriend. Yah, he likes to pipe me in, home from work, LOL, A Scottish/Canadian tradition." I said. He looked at me weird. "Oh Peter," I said, he's the daughters boy friend and the two live in the basement."

Peter is a fantastic young man. He looks down on me with nothing but respect as I look up to him and offer the same respect towards his tall lanky posture and towering Scandinavian frame. Having no idea why he pipes and never asked, but know its what his family does and respect that. Maybe his mom is Scottish? Being of French background and known as a true Acadian, always thought the bag pipes as a hideous sound and never really understood the use of that painful noise. But today alone at home (a rare occurrence in this house), two good stiff shots of Crown, just as Peter was warming the pipes, and it was at that moment. The Crown kicked in as the stress of the day flushed away, and I heard it, as he whaled some foreign Gaelic notes of love, welcome and history. It was then, I came to this conclusion. The sound, the booze, and the march into battle for love and honor?. Was this mans escape before the garage, before Fortnite, before the Mustang...?

This story is based on true facts. Peter does live in my basement and pipes with a Scandinavian name. He loves my Acadian daughter born from a Polish/Scottish/Ukranian descent mother (AKA The High Commander). This is also an exercise in writing without personal pronouns and without undertones of racism. Racism a word that is really fairly recent to an accepting Canadian Culture and is holding back the process of a united society. If you need proof of accepting Canadians just look back to 911 and the east coast as they welcomed displaced people into their homes, from around the world in good old fashioned, Canadian Hospitality, loaded with humanity and not an ounce of racism. That's the Canada I grew up in! Canada before the word racism! Canada that accepts the world and offers unconditional love and help to all...! I fear politics and the word racism - together - are taking away what built this country!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Club Supporter
    Love the sound of bagpipes especially with the right music - I love Amazing Grace with the bagpipes.

When I do get to Scotland I'm going to attend one of these at the castle

Last edited by 92redragtop; 09-20-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Love the sound of bagpipes especially with the right music - I love Amazing Grace with the bagpipes.
    I couldn't agree more!

There is a band in Ontario that's plays Rock music with Bag Pipes - two brothers - the name slips my mind but I seen in Shelburne and it was really good...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    When I do get to Scotland I'm going to attend one of these at the castle

We attended the Military Tattoo while in Edinburgh, and all I can say is the effect of 100's of pipers all at once is like a wall of sound. Probably one of the most incredible things I have ever seen.
    -Don____________